Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
The Questions Matter

servewithjoy

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:19 am
Maybe the question we should be asking ourselves as frum women is:

What is the G-d Centered Approach?

We just celebrated Shavuous.

Aseres HaDibros

which as we all know include the precepts by which to live a healthy life by G-d's Ten Commandments:

Though shalt not kill.

Though shalt not steal.

Though shalt not covet.

I could enumerate further; however, assume everyone here knows them.

Last edited by servewithjoy on Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:25 am
"Coveting" is definitely part of the disease rotting the world's society today.

These protests seem like a symptom of people whom feel truly lost. When you don't know whom you are, you can't help but feel restless, angry, and depressed. You can't help but covet from others, and your instinct is to tear them down, and consume all you can, like the monster in Daniel's prophecy. This all has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with self-worth.

DVOM

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:09 am
Rappel wrote:
"Coveting" is definitely part of the disease rotting the world's society today.

These protests seem like a symptom of people whom feel truly lost. When you don't know whom you are, you can't help but feel restless, angry, and depressed. You can't help but covet from others, and your instinct is to tear them down, and consume all you can, like the monster in Daniel's prophecy. This all has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with self-worth.

I think it has everything to do with disenfranchisement. When you have no stake in society, no feeling of hope that society values you, that you can find happiness and success within the culture or community you live in, why not tear it down? Why not take what you can, while you can, if there is no way to get your needs met any other way?

We see it with kids leaving their Jewish community all the time. So many times they're kids we don't value. You don't often see kids who are popular, do well academically, and come from loving and healthfully attached homes leaving their communities for ideological reasons. That's because they have a place, they have something valuable to lose. Most people who leave, leave because they're really not leaving much. Might as well find something else to value that will value you back- higher education, the military, whatever.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:15 am
Lots of food for thought.
One thing though. It's Thou shall not murder, not Thou shall not kill.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics