Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Upstate camp

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:08 am
ok how is it that my sons very chassidish camp in the catskills sent out a notice yesterday that theyre daycamp program is in full swing and everybody could complete their registration etc. how are they so confident when other camps are still in the fence with regards to opening, when they will open and waiting to see what the regulations will be to see if it as all even feasible to open. (by the way im not referring to the sleepaway aspect as that is apparently not an option at this point, but even the daycamper program...other chassidish camps did not finalize anything yet AFAIK)

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:11 am
Entertainment?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:12 am
They will be open.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ok how is it that my sons very chassidish camp in the catskills sent out a notice yesterday that theyre daycamp program is in full swing and everybody could complete their registration etc. how are they so confident when other camps are still in the fence with regards to opening, when they will open and waiting to see what the regulations will be to see if it as all even feasible to open. (by the way im not referring to the sleepaway aspect as that is apparently not an option at this point, but even the daycamper program...other chassidish camps did not finalize anything yet AFAIK)

Many camps are taking registration and preparing as if they’re opening. This is probably part of it. So that IF they do open at the end they shouldn’t have to scramble then with last minute registration and all.
And to the poster above of course camp is entertainment! Laugh

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Well they can always announce they will be open and cash in registration fees...
And too bad if it turns out later that they can't...

On the other hand: if they don't start preparing now for the case they can open, they will not be able to open for sure...

pg

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:02 am
Coumo announced yesterday that daycamp can open. So wouldn't this place open for daycampers? May I know I'm which town since I'm looking for a place for my boys...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:33 am
pg wrote:
Coumo announced yesterday that daycamp can open. So wouldn't this place open for daycampers? May I know I'm which town since I'm looking for a place for my boys...

monticello
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics