Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Obgyn recommendation needed asap please!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also wondering for those who gave birth in Jersey shore - do you have private rooms? Do you have an option to send baby to the nursery at night?

Yes! I'm a fan of Jersey shore. Great care, wonderful nurses and quiet maternity ward compared to the hustle and bustle of Monmouth

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:05 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Does medical intervention mean ultrasounds and the like? They do encourage the tdap and flu shot etc.
As far as reducing fear, I dunno if this is really the doctor's job, depending on the mother's level of fear, but they're calm and informative and not alarmists if that's what you mean.

I do tdap and flu. Some drs like to share every minute risk and small chance. Some drs are more relaxed.
I personally skip some ultrasounds but I would go to a dr that insists on them. (And for sure do them if dr says I should)

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:10 am
Have you considered dr surowitz?
Might be a good fit for you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:51 pm
Thank you all for all your help! I feel like I owe you all an update. So based on all the many many threads on imamother going back to 2010 and the many helpful women in Lakewood I'd made lists of pros and cons on over 12 drs or groups. Dr. Abdelhak really came in as first place for me. I decided to call and see what they can do. So turns out I wasnt given the right info when I called the first time a year ago. Delivery is 9k not 12k but most importantly they take liberty healthshare which is what I use so I wont have to lay out the money they will bill directly! I am excited and so grateful to Hashem and daven for a good experience iyH.
Thanks so much for all your info, time, and care!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:56 pm
I hope he's the right shaliach for you. He tries very hard to avoid C-sections but it caused my sister to have major medical issues and some are long term. He's very proud of his low C-section rate.... But in her case a C-section would have been better for her.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 3:02 pm
Amen! I hope so! I am a vbac patient so I need someone who is pro vbacs.

VeryBusyMom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:29 pm
OP, would you mind PMing me your list of pros and cons if you have it typed up? I am also looking for an OBGYN now and it would save me all that research that you did.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:56 pm
I dont mind sharing but please keep in mind this is letoeles, it is based on public information, mostly what I got off lots of searching on imamother and people's experience. I know many will be upset because lots of people love every doctor. I focused more on the neg because that was important for me to help me make a decision. I believe Hashem makes you hear what you need to to guide each person in the right direction and right shaliach for them. This is the information I read in brief. I suggest you search a specific name if you have more questions on that dr.
much hatzlocha!
I had it in a nice table format - It isnt posting that way... I will to screen shot it and add as an image
Ive never done it let's see if it works Very Happy
https://I.imgur.com/oh0hlEP.png[img]

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:47 pm
Wow! That list is spot on! I’ve researched all the local doctors and I use Abdelhak - I am thrilled with him!! He is tops!! And his office staff are lovely! Good luck and I hope he is the right shaliach for you!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:52 pm
Amen! Thank you so much! I so much appreciate that!

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 1:58 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I know RWJ has a very high rate of c section but you'd have to find out about specific practice too.

I am currently using RWJ and am very happy there. I felt the need to look into this higher rate of c sections I keep reading about.
I just spoke to Dr segal personally today about this.
He told me that a couple of years ago they did a serious review of their c section rate and came out at about 5%- 6% which is considered very low.
He said the lakewood community seems to have an even lower rate as they tend to wait
to be admitted further along in labor which means less meds and lower risk of c sections.
He also said anyone who had a vaginal birth previously has an even lower chance of a c section, maybe 2%.
He asked me if I read this issue on a blog as he keeps hearing about it and I said yes.

You can laugh this off and say of course he wont admit it cuz its his practice but I dont believe that. Hes extremely honest and wouldnt be able to hide it if actual piles of ppl had unnecessary c sections all the time.

I just feel bad for ppl who use them and have to be nervous for no real reason.
Hope this helps a bit.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 2:07 pm
As I said, my info is just based on what other moms said here and everyone needs to do their own research and see what they are comfortable with. Many people are happy with him.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 2:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As I said, my info is just based on what other moms said here and everyone needs to do their own research and see what they are comfortable with. Many people are happy with him.

That's why I quoted the original person who said it and not you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 2:21 pm
Right - I'm just clarifying again for everyone to keep in mind when they read the info!
Thanks!

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 2:29 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I am currently using RWJ and am very happy there. I felt the need to look into this higher rate of c sections I keep reading about.
I just spoke to Dr segal personally today about this.
He told me that a couple of years ago they did a serious review of their c section rate and came out at about 5%- 6% which is considered very low.
He said the lakewood community seems to have an even lower rate as they tend to wait
to be admitted further along in labor which means less meds and lower risk of c sections.
He also said anyone who had a vaginal birth previously has an even lower chance of a c section, maybe 2%.
He asked me if I read this issue on a blog as he keeps hearing about it and I said yes.

You can laugh this off and say of course he wont admit it cuz its his practice but I dont believe that. Hes extremely honest and wouldnt be able to hide it if actual piles of ppl had unnecessary c sections all the time.

I just feel bad for ppl who use them and have to be nervous for no real reason.
Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you so much for this! I'm currently using them for the 1st time, pregnancy #4, and this constant talk about high c section rate put a niggling worry in my head. I didn't know how to diplomatically discuss it with them.
You put me at ease.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Have you considered dr surowitz?
Might be a good fit for you.

Surowitz changed half their staff recently. They used to have a very good frum dr working there and she left. They got new midwives and theyre not jewish. interesting bedside manner

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 3:40 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
That's why I quoted the original person who said it and not you.

I think I was that poster that said that. This is coming from what I heard. as you quoted me-its the hospital not the actual practice. dont' know info about any specific practice. this info is coming from friends that deliver or thinking of delivering there.

glad you're doctor was able to put you at ease!

INSPIREME

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 3:57 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Surowitz changed half their staff recently. They used to have a very good frum dr working there and she left. They got new midwives and theyre not jewish. interesting bedside manner

Dr. V. Mishan left?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 4:05 pm
INSPIREME wrote:
Dr. V. Mishan left?

Yes! The whole office is upset of her for leaving

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 5:06 pm
Totally agree with you about Dr. Abdelhak!! He is really amazing!! he delivered my twins!! I wouldn't use anyone else!!!!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries