Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Moving to EY with teenagers
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

banana123

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I'm definitely not looking for hyper-meshichist! (My understanding is that Chabad institutions in general in Israel are more meshichist than their counterparts in the US... Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

This is correct.

Quote:
When you say "if employment wasn't an issue..." Couldn't it work to have a job in Jerusalem and schooling/home in Beitar? Would the commute be too much? Or are you referring to the difficulty of finding a job in Jerusalem?

It is doable, and many do it. But it's not exactly fun.

Finding a job - depends what field.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 12:21 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Thanks!

I'm not so much looking for a community as I am for a school/schools, and then can figure out where to live that is not too far away.

I'm definitely not looking for hyper-meshichist! (My understanding is that Chabad institutions in general in Israel are more meshichist than their counterparts in the US... Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

When you say "if employment wasn't an issue..." Couldn't it work to have a job in Jerusalem and schooling/home in Beitar? Would the commute be too much? Or are you referring to the difficulty of finding a job in Jerusalem?

What are some of the other Chabad options not far from Jerusalem?

What are the schools IN Jerusalem like?

I hope you don't mind my many questions... Thanks very much for taking the time to answer!

Tbh I've been looking for a non-meshichisti school too. The chabad schools for 'chassidim' are overwhelmingly meshichisti, however the ones for 'kiruv' play it down and are generally more pleasant. That said, I send my dd to a meshichisti mossad and while sometimes I laugh at the stuff she brings home (pictures of the Rebbe with 'we're waiting for you!') I take it with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, meshichistim are inescapable, best to learn how to get along together from an early age. Also, kids get most of their ideological education from their home. I don't know what goes on in the US but chabad is very meshichsitic here. Think people saying 'the Rebbe melech hamashiach' every time they mention him. I personally am looking into communities where chabad are more in 'kiruv' mode, as I find it mellows people out.

My dh works in hi-tech and it's easier to find employment in Tel Aviv. A job in Jerusalem would be ideal but it depends what field you work in. Jerusalem is rather flooded with English speakers, which I find offputting as an English teacher (more competition).

I know someone who attended the Bet Chana in merkaz Jerusalem. She has serious yichus so was already set up for shlichus. She's a nice normal person. She never spoke about her sem other than to say she found their tznius rules stifling (that said, she has tznius issues in general, so unsurprising she buttted heads over it).

I really like chabad in Jerusalem. There's something about Jerusalem which makes people simply nicer, hard to explain. I learned a lot in Malchus when I was living there, amazing people. There's anglo presence in Baka if you don't mind 'kiruv chabad' and I really liked the Rabbanit Nechama. I don't have much info about schools around Jerusalem though, because in the end we concentrated on more northern communities.

tree of life

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:17 pm
Hi we moved 10 years s ago with 7 kids from ages 16to 1
The best thing we ever did please pm and I can help you

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:20 pm
Happy birthday wrote:
Hi we moved 10 years s ago with 7 kids from ages 16to 1
The best thing we ever did please pm and I can help you

Bless you. Next person whom asks this question, I'm directing them straight to you. This thread was such a trainwreck of emotion! LOL

tree of life

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:22 pm
they can message me I'm happy to help hatzlocha with your plans

Last edited by tree of life on Wed, Jun 03 2020, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 3:21 pm
You might want to put that into a private message rather than leaving your phone number exposed in a very public forum.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 3:43 pm
Happy birthday wrote:
they can message me I'm happy to help hatzlocha with your plans

Hi I reported your post so mods can remove your private information.
99.9% of us are normal frum women but it’s never wise to post your phone number in a forum like this.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions