Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
White paint or not

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:50 pm
Anyone here did white paint in their home and is happy with it? If yes, do you recall what shade and is it in a high traffic area?

Looking into this now and while it van achieve a beautiful fresh look , I am getting nervous it will always look dirty.

Any imas here that can help me decide?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone here did white paint in their home and is happy with it? If yes, do you recall what shade and is it in a high traffic area?

Looking into this now and while it van achieve a beautiful fresh look , I am getting nervous it will always look dirty.

Any imas here that can help me decide?

We painted our whole house white besides the bedrooms and bathrooms. Firstly, don’t use plain white. We used a color called silver satin at the advice of a decorator, which is more or less white but not bright white that looks like a commercial office. The house is light and airy and I wouldn’t have done anything else.
Re dirt, my husband is a little obsessed with not letting anyone touch the walls.. so my walls are perfectly clean 4 years later.. but that’s likely not realistic for most people. We did get a special line that is supposed to be easy to clean, but I’ve never had to clean the walls yet.

Optione

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:17 pm
Regarding cleaning, high gloss paint (versus matte) cleans like a dream relative to matte. That's my personal experience.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:24 pm
Optione wrote:
Regarding cleaning, high gloss paint (versus matte) cleans like a dream relative to matte. That's my personal experience.

We actually got eggshell finish which isn’t high gloss but we used the regal line which is supposed to be easy to clean.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:58 pm
Optione wrote:

Have you done a high gloss white? My concern is that unless washed consistently we may see dirty finger smudges all over which will be more noticeable on white than on grey or greige.

Still love the look though. Nothing beats a fresh white.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:46 am
Following as well. Anyone did winds breath?

saralem

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:36 am
IIRC, we used Swiss Coffee or something like that. A slightly more subtle shite but definitely still white. I love the look of fresh clean white walls.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:56 am
My whole house is white, I don't know which paint though. I do find that I have to clean around the dinette and food prep areas pretty often. The bedroom walls don't get dirty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics