Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Wedding tonight
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 6:55 am
My good friend is getting married tonight in Brooklyn. (I’m in Lakewood) It’s a small wedding and she personally asked me if I am coming to have exact count of guests. I rsvp’ed and then my husband pointed out that there is a curfew.

Wwyd?

avrahamama

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 6:56 am
Call her and tell her you didn't realize there is a curfew and you're concerned about driving in?

happy chick

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 6:59 am
I would probably be a bit nervous, but I honestly don't think ppl are getting stopped for driving on the roads. I see tons of cars (and some ppl too) all night long.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:02 am
Keep a towel in the front seat. If a police sees it they'll assume you are going to the mikva (which you can do past curfew in NYC) Wink

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:06 am
No issues with curfew and weddings in Brooklyn!
Weddings and curfew going on for last 2 days already

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:07 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
No issues with curfew and weddings in Brooklyn!
Weddings and curfew going on for last 2 days already

So then what’s the curfew for? Is the whole thing a joke?

mig100

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wondering the same. Seems like a joke

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:13 am
I had a simcha last night in lakewood. Most of the guests were from Brooklyn and no one was stopped.

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 11:08 am
As per Aguda the curfew is only for people in large groups in volatile neighborhoods, you will not be stopped if you're in a car or walking individually down the street, the streets of BP last night had many people, you shouldn't have a problem. I can't vouch about the bridges/highways, I guess do that research yourself

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The protests.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The curfew applies to everyone. You're not supposed to be out after 8 pm. Going out hurts police efforts to control rioters and looters.

That said, obviously police are going to concentrate their efforts on hot spots, rather than individuals who are not causing trouble, but who are still doing something that they shouldn't.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:20 pm
Is everyone telling the "protesters" to stay home as well?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Is everyone telling the "protesters" to stay home as well?

Yes, they are. That's why a curfew was imposed.

A lot of protesters are violating that. I'm not sure why that's so different from people violating it to attend weddings (which I presume are fewer than 10 people, and outdoors). But in any case, the answer is yes.

If you're referring to looters and rioters, who are different people, my understanding is that the curfew is helping.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:26 pm
Its fine. I walked across bp and back on 16th after 9pm last night, passed the 66th pct, everyone was out and about, even the local non jews. You'll be fine.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:30 pm
So sorry for you and your friend! Though glad she is getting married B"H!

So sorry you have to worry about rioting and curfews when going to celebrate a simcha finally possible after all the restrictions!

hatzlocha

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:30 pm
So glad to hear curfew is helping cut down on the rioting and looting! Thanks so much for the update SOW!

Why are you assuming the protests are ten or less people social distancing outside...?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:34 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
So glad to hear curfew is helping cut down on the rioting and looting! Thanks so much for the update SOW!

Why are you assuming the protests are ten or less people social distancing outside...?

I'm not. It bothers me that there is no social distancing at the protests. I've said that before. There was social distancing and masks at our local protest.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My good friend is getting married tonight in Brooklyn. (I’m in Lakewood) It’s a small wedding and she personally asked me if I am coming to have exact count of guests. I rsvp’ed and then my husband pointed out that there is a curfew.

Wwyd?

I would be careful because a judge just ruled that cops can detain people for longer than 24 hours (even though they are supposed to be released immediately without bail). However, the protestors are not going home in time for curfew so the cops have their hands (and holding stations) full. Just proceed with caution and stay away from groups.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:03 pm
I went to the wedding and am bH back home!

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I went to the wedding and am bH back home!

Yay!
Mazel Tov!
Glad it worked out!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries