Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone with updates on camps?
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 1:46 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I am so FRUSTRATED with Cuomos indecisiveness regarding sleepaway camp! Punch

This morning he said that final decisions on summer sleepaway camps will be made in about a week.

He keeps pushing it off.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:17 pm
It's not just NY. Many sleepaway camps in other states haven't announced whether or not they will be opening.

I have a child who goes to a camp in Pennsylvania and they keep sending us update emails saying they don't know yet because their county needs to move to the next phase for them to open up. Plus they still have to tell us parents what changes they will be making this summer so we can decide if we want to send our children if they do open.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:18 pm
TorahAnytime has a symposium moderated by Agudah NJ about camps. Idk how informative it'll be.

keym

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 3:02 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
TorahAnytime has a symposium moderated by Agudah NJ about camps. Idk how informative it'll be.

Just fyi, when Agudah NJ talks about camps, they mean daycamps. There are virtually no frum sleepaway camps in NJ.
Not to mention, I believe Murphy said no sleepaway camps will be allowed in NJ this summer.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 3:48 pm
Moshava IO in Honesdale PA announced today that they are not opening.
My DDs said that neither is Morasha or Shoshanim.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 3:51 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Moshava IO in Honesdale PA announced today that they are not opening.
My DDs said that neither is Morasha or Shoshanim.

Raninu is also in Honesdale. I thought there was a good chance

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:02 pm
So far all Satmar girls camps are saying they confirmed "no first half", and not committing yet to second half.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:09 pm
Dora Golding news?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:38 pm
keym wrote:
Just fyi, when Agudah NJ talks about camps, they mean daycamps. There are virtually no frum sleepaway camps in NJ.
Not to mention, I believe Murphy said no sleepaway camps will be allowed in NJ this summer.

One of the speakers is director or something of Agudah, NY. IIRC he bases his words more on optimism than anything concrete at the moment.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 5:45 pm
Pretty sure bonim is in PA and is opening. A lot of MO camps (mesorah, moshava, morasha, Seneca lake) canceled even though some of them are in states like PA where sleepaway camps can open (with restrictions).

NJ said no sleepaway camps but the one that I know of there (Bnos Naaleh) is still trying to open somehow.

Most of the “yeshivish” sleepaway camps in NY are planning on opening barring Cuomo’s deciding not to allow it. Him pushing off the decision yet another week is astounding.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Pretty sure bonim is in PA and is opening. A lot of MO camps (mesorah, moshava, morasha, Seneca lake) canceled even though some of them are in states like PA where sleepaway camps can open (with restrictions).

NJ said no sleepaway camps but the one that I know of there (Bnos Naaleh) is still trying to open somehow.

Most of the “yeshivish” sleepaway camps in NY are planning on opening barring Cuomo’s deciding not to allow it. Him pushing off the decision yet another week is astounding.

We send to bonim. Yes it’s open. Waiting to hear from raninu. But there’s no Bussing so for us requires driving 3 hours to bring him to camp. No visiting day (obviously), and a number is restrictions with activities tho I don’t remember off hand. Also must get antibody rested and then corona test if the other is negative. All lab reports sent to them too

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:07 pm
I don't understand. Why are day camps allowed and sleepaway camps not?

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I don't understand. Why are day camps allowed and sleepaway camps not?

Day camps are essential to get the economy running. People need childcare.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:25 pm
chocolatecake wrote:
Day camps are essential to get the economy running. People need childcare.
M

I get that in a logical sense but totally doesn’t make sense when sleepaway camps are contained. Day camp kids u don’t know who the families are hanging out with out night and then those kids are going back again the next day.
Plus if it rains what happens to social distancing..

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 11:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
M

I get that in a logical sense but totally doesn’t make sense when sleepaway camps are contained. Day camp kids u don’t know who the families are hanging out with out night and then those kids are going back again the next day.
Plus if it rains what happens to social distancing..

I think the day camp rules are going to be too strict and not doable - base on what I’ve heard.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics