Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Anyone have a blackberry phone with a physical keyboard?

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 6:17 pm
Anyone have a blackberry phone with a physical keyboard?

bk45

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 6:19 pm
My husband does. BlackBerry q10

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 6:21 pm
Is that a new version? Or old one? Does he like it? I may be in the market for a new phone soon and my old phone was a blackberry physical keyboard which I loved.

bk45

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 6:25 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
Is that a new version? Or old one? Does he like it? I may be in the market for a new phone soon and my old phone was a blackberry physical keyboard which I loved.

No. It’s an old model. 2013. He needed a basic phone that’s good for talk and text. He likes it very much. If you’re looking for a smartphone, you won’t like it.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 7:08 pm
Why?

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 7:28 pm
I am fully outing myself!
I had a BlackBerry curve then a bold; then I had a BlackBerry Passport fo 6 years! I loved loved loved the passport! PM me for details (no need to embarrass myself by gushing too much).

I recently had a birthday and asked for a BlackBerry Key2. It was time for me to move into the android world. Overall, I am quite pleased with the Key2. The physical keyboard is great (as usual with a blackberry) but be prepared to spend big bucks. The Key2 is a powerful smartphone, similar to a mini-computer; I am definitely not using it up to its full potential....
And FYI, BlackBerry makes some of the best batteries. Even my 5 year old passport was outlasting my husband's new iPhone; and my Key2 is promising to be just as good.

Ok. I'm ready for the tomatoes now. TMI

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 7:34 pm
bk45 wrote:
No. It’s an old model. 2013. He needed a basic phone that’s good for talk and text. He likes it very much. If you’re looking for a smartphone, you won’t like it.

Correct! I have a classic. I like it since I don't need any apps but do a lot of typing from my my phone

mom_13

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:29 pm
I'm actually looking to buy a phone that is in solid good condition with a physical keyboard. It need not be a smartphone. Just need it for talk and text. I have a phone with a physical keyboard from the zte company but it is incredibly slow, I need something that works faster. If anybody wants to sell a phone or has any leads, please let me know.

TIA

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:37 pm
I do. And I love it!
But- it’s a 4g phone but 3g for calls so service gets a little ‘under water’ at times.
I blocked the internet and just have the text/email open so can’t tell you about programs. But I needed a phone that we can block internet and has a reg keyboard.
There are newer models out there so no 3g issue but I don’t think it has a keyboard.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:34 am
I love my blackberry because I need the keyboard. I had for years the blackberry curve until it finally died. I got from someone their old blackberry bold which is what I'm using and it's got a touchscreen with physical keypad below which seems okay. I would recommend either the curve or the bold.
I prefer the older models as there's less issue with internet etc as I block it on my phone-I prefer to only use my phone for texting and calling. I think if you use the phone for internet it's probably not as good as it won't be as fast etc as the newer smartphones.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 6:46 pm
Selling a blackberry bold on eBay now btw. I used to be obsessed with them till I finally had to switch for my work apps.

http://ebay.us/Xl4MQS?cmpnId=5338273189

mom_13

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Selling a blackberry bold on eBay now btw. I used to be obsessed with them till I finally had to switch for my work apps.

http://ebay.us/Xl4MQS?cmpnId=5338273189

Is it unlocked or tied to a specific carrier.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:25 pm
mom_13 wrote:
Is it unlocked or tied to a specific carrier.

Unlocked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics