Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
NY Daycamp restrictions

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:30 pm
Anyone hear anything about the restrictions that you can confirm is true....not just word on the street.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:48 pm
I’m a camp director In nyc and I got an email yesterday from the doh stating that they haven’t received yet the guidelines...

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 7:58 pm
Please keep us updated, we all would really appreciate it

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:34 pm
I know you didn't ask for the word on the street, but since the camp directors themselves don't yet know... I took DD today to her Flatbush BY for some end-of-year stuff, and while she took care of it inside, I overheard several other mothers waiting outside for their DDs discussing camp and asking why anybody would send when they're not going to have swimming and many other customary activities, will have to eat lunch in their rooms, and will basically be paying for some glorified babysitting. Nobody disagreed that that's what camp will look like. Take it for what it's worth.

I also got an email from Chaim Day Camp saying that they don't know if they're opening, but if they do, it will likely have to be with far fewer boys than usual due to government restrictions, so it definitely doesn't sound like it will be a regular camp year by any stretch.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:58 pm
My oldest kid is 7 and I work full time. I need camp for babysitting. My kids will be happy just to be out with friends even if it’s way more toned down than usual.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:58 pm
Anyone have any updates?

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 6:01 pm
Guidelines were not released yet .

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 7:09 pm
I'm just getting really frustrated with our government officials! When will they make decisions and give out guidlines? Give them put already and let daycamps and camps figure out if they can work with it or not. For now we just keep waiting another week and another week and then another week... and I cant really make alternate plans until I know if camp will happen or not. I'm not giving deposits on things like day camp or vacation rental if my kids do go to camp. And the longer I wait for an answer from camp, the more likely the space in day camp or vacation place will be sold out. I would maybe go to a bungalow colony if everyone stays home from camp, but if I wait too long for an answer from camp, I wont have any bungalows available in places I want to be...

I'm not upset at camp directors here. They aren't giving answers because they aren't getting any from the governor. Their hands are tied and they must be just as frustrated!

I'm not even asking for a "yes, we are open as normal". Even a no would do at this point, just get me an answer already so I can plan accordingly!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics