Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Assemblyman Simcha Eichenstein, youre doing the right thing!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:49 pm

No one is supporting the rioting and looting, but we should all, even the Jews of BP and Williamsburg, be supporting equality for all, PUBLICLY!

Would you hang a sign in front of your house?

Id consider doing it, but Im hesitant because kids may rip it up.

I guess if Id put it in my window, no one could reach it, but I want to see others do it first (Imas, please dont mock that).

Even though Floyd was a criminal, he shouldnt have been killed that way.

Are you ready to show compassion for a human being wronged badly?

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:53 pm
I agree!

elisheva25

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:29 pm
Sorry I disagree

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:38 pm
They are blaming Jews and Israel for the murder of George Floyd, why would anyone want to march with them? https://www.algemeiner.com/202.....C2rhU

mom4eva

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No one is supporting the rioting and looting, but we should all, even the Jews of BP and Williamsburg, be supporting equality for all, PUBLICLY!

I guess if Id put it in my window, no one could reach it, but I want to see others do it first (Imas, please dont mock that).

I don’t understand. All the officers involved in this act of police brutality are currently in custody and facing lengthy prison sentences if convicted. Is that not justice. The fact that this is the case proves that there no inequality. A few bad People did a bad thing and are going to pay the price. What else is there to it???

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:42 pm
mom4eva wrote:
I don’t understand. All the officers involved in this act of police brutality are currently in custody and facing lengthy prison sentences if convicted. Is that not justice. The fact that this is the case proves that there no inequality. A few bad People did a bad thing and are going to pay the price. What else is there to it???

Figure out why it happened in the first place - and make changes to stop it from happening again.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 11:57 pm
I held up a BLM sign at my window when a protest group marched by.

I don't think anyone could see it from several floors up.

Zehava

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:01 am
If I was going to put a picture up I’d put up the pics of the Jersey city victims.
Not a pic of a violent criminal.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:03 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Figure out why it happened in the first place

We know why. An arresting officer ignored the pleas of a proven criminal that he can't breathe and he died.

amother [ Gold ] wrote:
- and make changes to stop it from happening again.

Looting Tiffany's isn't going to change that. It's just going to make the next officer assume the criminal is lying to get him off his neck.

How many black people came out publicly against the Chanuka shooting? If you had to start listing them THAT'S TOO FEW.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Figure out why it happened in the first place - and make changes to stop it from happening again.

It happened because police tend to think they are above the law. NOT because of racism. Is looting and rioting the way to change police corruption and brutality, or would there be a more intelligent way to address it?
Honestly, I think the riots have a lot more to do with coronavirus shutdowns and the current ridiculously extreme political climate than with any sort of logical attempt to change things.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:12 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Looting Tiffany's isn't going to change that. It's just going to make the next officer assume the criminal is lying to get him off his neck.

How many black people came out publicly against the Chanuka shooting? If you had to start listing them THAT'S TOO FEW.

Okay. Not sure how this relates to what I wrote.

Its rather common that after something really crappy happens - there is a review of why it happened and new safeguards put it to deter it from happening again.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think the “justice for George” calls are Disingenuous (he is getting justice), and the calls to join the protests are sheer pandering and trying to get the rest of the world to love us, kind of like when the leftists in Israel cozy up to the arabs. George already is getting justice; the officers have been charged and will no doubt all be convicted, probably of stronger charges than they should be, all because of the pressure, the rioting, the threats, the intimidation from the protesters.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:24 am
Zehava wrote:
If I was going to put a picture up I’d put up the pics of the Jersey city victims.
Not a pic of a violent criminal.

Exactly, where was he then?

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:51 am
Yea, NO I'm not a sheep! Sorry

#trending

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:56 am
I don't live in NYC, but -- as much as I think this was a case of police brutality, and as much as I agree that police brutality is obviously a bad thing -- considering all the shady groups glomming onto these protests, I would be hesitant to publicly affiliate with them in any way.

Mevater

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:13 pm
Do most think Simcha Eichenstein represents citizens who mostly dont feel the way he says he does, that its a good deed, and helpful for race-relations, to show compassion p e a c e f u l l y, by hanging a sign, and hes only hanging the sign because hes a politician, to make his fellow Democratic politicians look kindly on him?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries