Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When will the coronavirus be over?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 4:31 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Or they tried to stem it and failed.
Why would you tell someone something is wrong if in a few weeks you'll have set it right and it won't matter to them anyways?

At any rate this boils down to intent, which neither of us have proof for, so your guess is as good as mine.

As I said, you need to read. Read accounts from doctors in the trenches who are angry at their government for covering this up before it boiled over, and then formulate your opinions.

As a start, question why no one was given any warnings or quarantined until it started reaching a tipping point.

And please also read on the draconian measures being taken before saying that this will or should be replicated in other countries as well. Yes, quarantine is needed. No one is denying that. But that doesn't justify the dehumanizing manner in which it is being done.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 4:47 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
As I said, you need to read. Read accounts from doctors in the trenches who are angry at their government for covering this up before it boiled over, and then formulate your opinions.

As a start, question why no one was given any warnings or quarantined until it started reaching a tipping point.

And please also read on the draconian measures being taken before saying that this will or should be replicated in other countries as well. Yes, quarantine is needed. No one is denying that. But that doesn't justify the dehumanizing manner in which it is being done.

You still haven't answered how you see an effective quarantine on the scale of China's being managed in a humane fashion that actually works.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:50 am
I live in Italy and we're stuck at home. Schools, universities and all public gathering places are closed. Work is closed. Supermarkets are empty.

I don't think they'll be able to contain it, especially with the long incubation period.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I live in Italy and we're stuck at home. Schools, universities and all public gathering places are closed. Work is closed. Supermarkets are empty.

I don't think they'll be able to contain it, especially with the long incubation period.

That must be really hard.
I hope this settles down very very soon Sad and without any more serious illness.
Hang in there Royal Blue! Will daven for you that it should pass easily and smoothly and in good health.

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:13 am
According to this article, https://www.theatlantic.com/he.....7000/ most of us will get COVID-19 and it will remain circulating from year to year, like the flu. It's not if, it is when. The good news is most people do recover.

I guess eventually there will be an effective vaccine.

We should all stay safe and healthy. I feel bad for people whose vacations may be ruined or are stuck in the house or have had to evacuate (like my friends who are shluchos in China) or whose businesses are suffering. But really I worry most about my not so young parents and daven that they stay well.

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 3:44 am
I don't know if this was posted already, but for those who like their updates in numbers:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

etky

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:24 am
Raisin wrote:
According to this article, https://www.theatlantic.com/he.....7000/ most of us will get COVID-19 and it will remain circulating from year to year, like the flu. It's not if, it is when. The good news is most people do recover.

I guess eventually there will be an effective vaccine.

We should all stay safe and healthy. I feel bad for people whose vacations may be ruined or are stuck in the house or have had to evacuate (like my friends who are shluchos in China) or whose businesses are suffering. But really I worry most about my not so young parents and daven that they stay well.

I am mostly concerned about my elderly father, my friend who is undergoing chemotherapy and DH and one DC who are asthmatic (and who became thus after contracting swine flu and resulting pneumonia 7 years ago).

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:51 am
Israeli scientists claim coronavirus vaccine three months away.

Research team develop vaccine for virus in poultry, claim it could be modified for use in humans within 3 months because of similar DNA structure to the one affecting humans

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/BJOct11BEI

doodlesmom

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 6:43 pm
mamma llama wrote:
Tbqh, the coronavirus isn't even that scary. The people in China are dying because their corrupt government is trying to cover up the virus instead of providing medical support.

Nobody in the U.S. needs to be worried. Minus complications, it's like a really bad cold.

Oh mama ilama I wish you would’ve been right.

Okay, before you yell at me I will stop looking through old covid threads.

Ora in town

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 4:49 am
You can order things from China. There never was an embargo on goods from China.

The virus will be over sooner if we are more careful, but we will have to keep up vigilance in the long run. The SD will not go away any time soon...

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:39 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
It will be over May 24,
at 6:16am.

Sorry ladies, I misguided you.
It’s scary the way we were thinking back then.

I found this thread and read through some comments, I don’t know why but it feels surreal.

mfb

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:46 pm
Oh how I wish the predictions here would have been true. How naive we were just a short time ago

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 11:39 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Sorry ladies, I misguided you.
It’s scary the way we were thinking back then.

I found this thread and read through some comments, I don’t know why but it feels surreal.

You didn’t post the year so you didn’t misguide us yet. This thread is so spooky!

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 5:37 am
I thought it was over when the "protesters" were allowed and encouraged to go out enmasse.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 9:38 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Israeli scientists claim coronavirus vaccine three months away.

Research team develop vaccine for virus in poultry, claim it could be modified for use in humans within 3 months because of similar DNA structure to the one affecting humans

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/BJOct11BEI

This was posted February 27.
Interesting.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 10:07 am
etky wrote:
I am mostly concerned about my elderly father, my friend who is undergoing chemotherapy and DH and one DC who are asthmatic (and who became thus after contracting swine flu and resulting pneumonia 7 years ago).

Are all these people you mentioned ok?
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics