Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Bedtime

avrahamama

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:48 pm
Can someone just come over and put my kids to sleep for me? Please? Theyre sweet as can be. But I don't feel like doing flashlight storytime. And I don't feel like telling them to close their eyes. And I just want to drape over this couch and drink wine and feel a little numb

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:51 pm
I feel you!!! 😩
I’ll join the wine party when I’m done here!

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:55 pm
Bedtime is over for an hour already, and im still recovering LOL
I am glued to the couch , binging on tiktok, and dreading cleaning up million bandaids stuck to the couch and desitin smushed all over the floor

mamma2b

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 8:58 pm
Me three😔

I’m grabbing a bottle and coming over😅

avrahamama

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:01 pm
Well I'm a third through my bottle tonight. And Shmuel Kunda is taking care of story time for at least two of them...

After years of sif they're such a blessing and joy. It's amazing how I can feel so grateful and so unequiped all at once.

behappy2

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:08 pm
Me too. So so so so so done!

lucky14

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 11:22 pm
We do storytime earlier in the day because I realized right before bedtime I'm just too tired. Our bedtime routine is bathing, feeding the baby, shema and goodnight kisses. But my oldest is preschool age. Maybe it gets harder when they get older?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 11:28 pm
Am I the only one that sends my kids off the bed with a good night wish, a kiss and a reminder to brush their teeth and say shema? No story time ever. They each have roommates to shmooze with before drifting off. This thread is bringing on the guilt. Will my kids needs years of therapy to undue the damage? Like if you don’t do story time or major “bedtime rituals“ either. (Kids Ages 3-15)

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:01 am
Ha at this point with kids ages 8 to 16 im in bed before them. 8 year old reads in bed and comes in to give me a big hug and kiss... every few nights I go lie with him for 5 min or hubby does. Used to read to them but not every night. Audios at bedtime are a fab way for kids to wind down without you.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 8:51 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Am I the only one that sends my kids off the bed with a good night wish, a kiss and a reminder to brush their teeth and say shema? No story time ever. They each have roommates to shmooze with before drifting off. This thread is bringing on the guilt. Will my kids needs years of therapy to undue the damage? Like if you don’t do story time or major “bedtime rituals“ either. (Kids Ages 3-15)

No you're a genius! Also really nice that your kids don't escape their rooms to come to you. Whatever room I am in. That's where they want to be. Ages baby, 2,3, and 4.5 also a 10 yr old...

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 10:10 am
avrahamama wrote:
No you're a genius! Also really nice that your kids don't escape their rooms to come to you. Whatever room I am in. That's where they want to be. Ages baby, 2,3, and 4.5 also a 10 yr old...

Sure they come out for another drink or bathroom etc. and then go back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics