Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Why did my 19 month old start waking up again???

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 9:48 am
I love her dearly, but I thought I was done with the days of nocturnal awakenings!

She only began sleeping through the night at around 13-14 months, so I had my fair share of night wakings with this darling.

She hasn't woken up once since then, but for the past 3 nights, she woke up; once at 11:30, once at 2 and once at 5. The ONLY thing that puts her back to sleep is a bottle.

I've been told it might be teething, but she behaves well during the day, not extra cranky, so....

She did just get her first pair of shoes, so maybe that's considered a big life change lol that can affect her sleep?

How do I make sure this doesn't turn into a lasting habit?

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 10:29 am
during the day shes distracted (playing, eating etc) and pain is not as acute. Teething pain can often be much worse at night in a dark room. I’d def try the Motrin or Tylenol route and make sure the bottles you give are water and not milk (you don’t want to give her too good a time in middle of the night or you’ll have to sleep train again)

tichellady

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 11:03 am
My child had a major sleep regression at that age and my friends son is having that right now too. Can’t explain it but it is a thing! Good luck, it will pass

silverlining3

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 11:16 am
Maybe ear infection? Sometimes they only act up at night, laying it hurts much more. Or teething. Or just an advantage taker.
My baby is 21 months and still wakes. Can count on my fingers the nights he did sleep through. Only with bottle he falls back asleep. I'm not upto to having him up 2 hours crying, so I won't just give up his bottle yet.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 11:39 am
silverlining3 wrote:
Maybe ear infection? Sometimes they only act up at night, laying it hurts much more. Or teething. Or just an advantage taker.
My baby is 21 months and still wakes. Can count on my fingers the nights he did sleep through. Only with bottle he falls back asleep. I'm not upto to having him up 2 hours crying, so I won't just give up his bottle yet.

Omg I feel for you! How on earth do you manage?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 11:41 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
during the day shes distracted (playing, eating etc) and pain is not as acute. Teething pain can often be much worse at night in a dark room. I’d def try the Motrin or Tylenol route and make sure the bottles you give are water and not milk (you don’t want to give her too good a time in middle of the night or you’ll have to sleep train again)

Yes she gets water.

You think I should give Tylenol before she goes to sleep even if she doesn't seem to be in pain?

Rachel Shira

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:27 pm
What’s her nap schedule?

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes she gets water.

You think I should give Tylenol before she goes to sleep even if she doesn't seem to be in pain?

I absolutely would

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:36 pm
I'm going through this now too. I feel for you. my almost 2 year old started waking up every night and crying by bed time. This morning she was up at 5:45! I don't know why and I'm going nuts. I checked her for pinworms as soon as she woke in the night and I saw nothing. She's feeling and acting fine during the day. Im trying a noise machine now to see if that will help:(
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics