Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Lego to stop promoting police toys
Previous  1  2

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:29 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
I don't get the outrage here.

They're not pulling their police sets off the shelves. They're just not advertising them during the current volatile circumstances. It's probably more a business decision than anything else. In this age of social media they probably just don't want to be targeted.

Mainstream Media - read with caution. USE critical thinking at all times.

Alternative news - Truth.

groovy1224

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:50 pm
I am SO glad Lego spoke up about this. I was wondering what Lego's stance was on all this!

Incidentally though, while I naturally support the removal of all policemen, firemen, and government officials from all marketing campaigns, I sincerely hope they will continue to sell and promote the little criminal figures that come with the sets. I want my kids to have SOMETHING to aspire to, you know?

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:05 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
I am SO glad Lego spoke up about this. I was wondering what Lego's stance was on all this!

Incidentally though, while I naturally support the removal of all policemen, firemen, and government officials from all marketing campaigns, I sincerely hope they will continue to sell and promote the little criminal figures that come with the sets. I want my kids to have SOMETHING to aspire to, you know?

If your children are developing their moral compasses based on temporal Lego ads, you've got a bigger problem than we can deal with here.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:12 pm
SOW who is "they"?

millions of police officers DID NOT do such a thing and never would and never have and that reflects the conduct of the VAST MAJORITY of police

talk about STEREOTYPING

I know many wonderful police officers who put their lives on the line for us every day

too many countries do have to live with a criminally corrupt police force and they suffer from terrible crime

B"H not here

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:14 pm
Omigosh groovy thank you so much for that belly laugh! They are not pulling the robbers and criminals just the cops and legal protection cannot make this stuff up!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:32 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
If your children are developing their moral compasses based on temporal Lego ads, you've got a bigger problem than we can deal with here.

And if the Lego company thinks they're gonna stop 'police brutality' by doing this …

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:34 pm
thriver wrote:
Verify your news ladies.

Statement from LEGO:

We’ve seen incorrect reports saying we’ve removed some LEGO sets from sale. To be clear, that is not the case and reports otherwise are false. Our intention was to temporarily pause digital advertising in response to events in the US. We hope this clears things up. ♥️

So maybe they can explain why they also removed their White House LEGO toys

Cheiny

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:37 pm
Mothers wrote:
Just curious: What - in your opinion - would help promote peace between police and the community?

Is start with community meetings between officers and those who have a problem with them to have discussions. I’d also suggest blacks not have “Leaders” such as Sharpton representing them, riling them up and keeping them in victim, angry mentality. It always starts with listening. Their feelings, thoughts should be heard and then there can be exchanges of ideas. This kind of pandering to blacks and siding with them against ALL cops just gets law abiding, decent people disgusted with their demands for change.

Last edited by Cheiny on Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:40 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
I don't get the outrage here.

They're not pulling their police sets off the shelves. They're just not advertising them during the current volatile circumstances. It's probably more a business decision than anything else. In this age of social media they probably just don't want to be targeted.

Doing that sends the signal that ALL cops are now bad, when the few who are guilty have been arrested and will be punished. What if someone decided they should “put a pause” on black figures during the “volatile circumstances,” because some people are angry at the violent rioting looters? Would that be ok? So just like you shouldn’t decide to be pathetically PC by pulling ALL cop figures (pandering to blacks), so should they not pull all black figures. Can’t have it both ways.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:41 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Omigosh groovy thank you so much for that belly laugh! They are not pulling the robbers and criminals just the cops and legal protection cannot make this stuff up!

That’s because liberals are running the insane asylum.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
So maybe they can explain why they also removed their White House LEGO toys

This was conveniently ignored. What the actual heck?
The liberals are getting more ridiculous by the minute.

groovy1224

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:45 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Yeah. A toy brand feels the need to temporarily put the hush hush on generic law enforcement mini figurines in order to avoid insulting... I'm not exactly sure who; and I'm the one with the problem.

My comment was (at least I thought) pretty obviously satirically said, but if by your own admission, children shouldn't base their moral compass on toy advertisements, why exactly does Lego feel the need to do this?

My issue is that this is solving a problem no one had. Was anyone really coming at Lego for featuring a police helicopter on their home page? It's just stupid an annoying. And firefighters? What did they do!?

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:47 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Doing that sends the signal that ALL cops are now bad, when the few who are guilty have been arrested and will be punished. What if someone decided they should “put a pause” on black figures during the “volatile circumstances,” because some people are angry at the violent rioting looters? Would that be ok? So just like you shouldn’t decide to be pathetically PC by pulling ALL cop figures (pandering to blacks), so should they not pull all black figures. Can’t have it both ways.

So true. Can you imagine?

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I don’t like that police officers are being turned into all around bad guys. What happened to teaching kids, “If you’re lost, find a policeman to help you”? Most cops are good guys.

Many in the African American community are raised to think this way already anyway. Many vidros show that when cops show up to a black on black crime scene they are treated with such hostility it's unbelievable.

thriver

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:48 pm
It is sad that there needs to be a statement about it. Whatever they need to do business-wise is one thing... we need to support all human beings right now
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics