Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Unemployment back pay? When?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 5:32 pm
When did you get your backpay?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:11 pm
backpay?

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:14 pm
Would like to know too. DH received his first payment today but none of the backpay that he requested .

amother
Black

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:52 pm
Also waiting.. Any ideas from anyone that waited for back pay and got it.. How to expedite? Who to talk to? New York Dept of labor keeps saying long wait times and puts down doesn't even give an option of waiting.
If anyone knows please do a mitzva and post. Unfortunately we're desperate.
Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Also waiting.. Any ideas from anyone that waited for back pay and got it.. How to expedite? Who to talk to? New York Dept of labor keeps saying long wait times and puts down doesn't even give an option of waiting.
If anyone knows please do a mitzva and post. Unfortunately we're desperate.
Thank you.

It's so frustrating. We are waiting on over 7,000 in back pay with unemployment and the pandemic money together...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:08 pm
I was waiting since the 2nd week in March and was very frustrated. My DH, feeling sorry for me, said he would call and get through. I said "good luck with that" , since I had called countless times and never got through. Well he held on for 2 hours, until someone picked up. She took all the info, and told me I would get the check in about 5 days. The check came and covered all my back pay.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:19 pm
I got paid two weeks in may then suddenly a few days after the second payment, all my back pay was put through aside from two weeks. Around two weeks ago, a questioner was emailed to me about those two weeks - just asking if I worked then and ect... I filled it out and got payment for those this week. (I have no idea why some back pay just came and some I had to fill out a form for)

Good luck I hope you get it soon to!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:23 pm
I filed and got all the pay last week directly to my account. Im in NJ

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:15 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

When did you originally file? I filed March 20 in N.J. and it still says pending.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:21 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
When did you originally file? I filed March 20 in N.J. and it still says pending.

I filed April 30. I got an email to allow up to 4 weeks.
May 22 I got an email that I can certify my weekly benefits with PUA
Once certified I got part of the money a few days later and then the rest a week after that

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:23 pm

Hi did you get payments from before 4/26? I finally Bh got my unemployment but only from 4/26 when I’ve been out of work since 3/18 (I sent in documents proving this).

essgee

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:40 pm
[quote]I have been trying to get through for 8 weeks. FINALLY this morning I got through to a person. They changed their options as of today. It still took me close to 60 calls to get someone but here are the options I used.
I pushed each option as soon as the recording started talking

1 for English

9 for main menu

2 for all other callers

Push 0 and then 0 again

Enter your SSN

1 for correct

Enter your pin

Then 2, 2 again and 1

Most of the time you will get a recording that starts with "Your information has been recorded"

If you get that hang up and immediately redial

IF YOU HAVE GOTTEN THROUGH, the recording will say "Your call may be monitored or recorded"

There may be a pretty long silence, but then the lovely music will begin. I wasn’t on hold for more than 10 mins. I hope this helps someone else because I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck!![quote]

This has worked for me everytime I tried getting through to NY labor dept. hope it helps someone

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:07 pm
Bh, I got mine! Close to 2 months after filling. About 2 weeks after getting my first payment.

I didn't speak to any reps. I messaged them through their message center (after you log in to your account). I think you have to message them during the day. I then got an email form to fill out and a few days later it came through.

Ny

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:11 pm
DH got his direct deposit today a week after his first payment. It took about 3 weeks from when he was approved.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 4:33 pm

I'm in N.J. as well, and have been waiting since the beginning of March. Did you get through to a person on the phone, or did it finally say filed?

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:13 pm
I got all my backpay from when I filed, but not from the month before then. Emails just get replied to with a generic email. If you call it says call again tomorrow. Any ideas what to do?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:30 pm
[quote="essgee"][quote]I have been trying to get through for 8 weeks. FINALLY this morning I got through to a person. They changed their options as of today. It still took me close to 60 calls to get someone but here are the options I used.
I pushed each option as soon as the recording started talking

1 for English

9 for main menu

2 for all other callers

Push 0 and then 0 again

Enter your SSN

1 for correct

Enter your pin

Then 2, 2 again and 1

Most of the time you will get a recording that starts with "Your information has been recorded"

If you get that hang up and immediately redial

IF YOU HAVE GOTTEN THROUGH, the recording will say "Your call may be monitored or recorded"

There may be a pretty long silence, but then the lovely music will begin. I wasn’t on hold for more than 10 mins. I hope this helps someone else because I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck!!
Quote:

This has worked for me everytime I tried getting through to NY labor dept. hope it helps someone

Thanks can you give more details

What’s the number?
How do you file ? You just call or you need to file ona website before?
Thanks

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 9:00 pm
Anyone has more info for NJ?
I applied April 26th, got paid for weeks after that date but not back from March 18.

What’s there to do?

Also, anyone got their minimum benefit rate adjusted based on their actual salary?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 11:05 pm
also you could try sending them a message through the website inbox when you're logged in- the same inbox where you get messages from them, you could send messages to them.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 10:24 pm
NJ here: I don’t see any email or inbox options.
I emailed them through contact form on general website; got auto reply with faqs; nothing specific.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics