Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is it safe yet to have cleaning help?

giselle

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:02 pm
When it will officially be safe to have our cleaning help back? Or is it just a matter of my own comfort level at this point?

forever21

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 7:08 pm
It’s a matter of your own comfort level at this point

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:59 pm
Don't punish yourself. I have mine back from right after pesach. I was tested last week because I ended up in the ER. It was negative Smile

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Don't punish yourself. I have mine back from right after pesach. I was tested last week because I ended up in the ER. It was negative Smile

Well if you went AMA and had your cleaning help back and were negative then we all should. I gather only a fool would follow the guidelines set in place for safety.

You do you, but brilliant to justify and encourage others.

Yes, I am sarcastic.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:55 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Well if you went AMA and had your cleaning help back and were negative then we all should. I gather only a fool would follow the guidelines set in place for safety.

You do you, but brilliant to justify and encourage others.

Yes, I am sarcastic.
Thanks for personaly attacking me. It looks like you are fooling yourself. Happily stay in april 2020. Good luck.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:59 pm
I would and just take proper precautions.

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:48 pm
giselle wrote:
When it will officially be safe to have our cleaning help back? Or is it just a matter of my own comfort level at this point?

It’s like asking when is it ok to stop SD or going to shul, send kids to (undercover) school...
At this point everyone probably makes their own educated decision based on factors that relate to them. Age and risk factor, how much you’re ready to risk physical health vs mental health, how much cleaning help means to you etc.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:02 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I would and just take proper precautions.

What possible precautions can you take when the person is touching and cleaning all your personal spaces.

giselle

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:36 pm
Surplus wrote:
It’s like asking when is it ok to stop SD or going to shul, send kids to (undercover) school...
At this point everyone probably makes their own educated decision based on factors that relate to them. Age and risk factor, how much you’re ready to risk physical health vs mental health, how much cleaning help means to you etc.

Well not really because our shuls and schools are legally open right now (outdoors), but I haven’t heard any update on having cleaning help.

asmileaday

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:57 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
What possible precautions can you take when the person is touching and cleaning all your personal spaces.

Have them wear a mask for starters.

I don't have my cleaning help back yet, but that's probably what I'll do when the time comes.
From what I hear she went to others that aren't as cautious as me, so I'll most likely need to find new help.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:13 am
I haven’t had mine
But this Eruv Shabbos I almost fell apart. Worked until 5 on Friday. And the house was upside down (DH comes home right before candle lighting). I have 6 young kids at home who help tons.
For my own sanity I am taking her back this week if she is still available.
I read it travels less theough surfaces then they originally believed.
We can leave the house when she comes.
I think I just can’t do this anymore.

smss

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 3:47 am
She should wear a mask and sanitize/wash hands before starting. Ideally you should not be home while she is there. And tell her if she is sick not to come and you'll still pay her.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 3:56 am
giselle wrote:
Well not really because our shuls and schools are legally open right now (outdoors), but I haven’t heard any update on having cleaning help.

Is your cleaning help legally employed by you? That would change your question entirely. Otherwise it’s mostly up to you.

sunshine5

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:38 am
I didn't take mine back when others started and now when I wanted her to start coming again she is no longer available

I regret waiting so long.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:02 am
I don't have regular help, I use a service a few times a year. They're opening, with guidelines - their workers will work with gloves and masks, please stay out of area they're working in or leave house, etc.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:04 am
Ask your doctor. Everyone's risks are different.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics