Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Will you be leaving your radio on over shabbos?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 5:54 pm
http://hefkervelt.blogspot.com......html

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:24 pm
Yes. I figure it's probably not necessary, but it cant hurt. Although if l would live closer to town area I would be much more nervous.

malki2

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:38 pm
How exactly is it going to help? Do they have some kind plan in mind?

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:44 pm
No. I’m not going to sit around waiting to hear it. If there’s a problem, I’ll obviously call the police.

rae

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:45 pm
Keep it on. There might be warning re diff areas. Doesn’t hurt. There won’t be any broadcasts unless there is an emergency.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
http://hefkervelt.blogspot.com/2020/06/lakewood-poskim-keep-radio-on-over.html

How racist! There are no violent protesters! They just want justice! This is so mean! Which protesters were ever doing violence? This is racist! (From a liberal)

ddmom

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:48 pm
No! I don't see the point!
If something is happening in front of my house I'll know about it.
If it happens on the other side of town, I don't need to know about it on shabbos!

rae

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 7:17 pm
Let’s say somethings on the way to your side of town..... don’t you want to know before they’re at your door. Are you staying locked in all shabbos?

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 7:20 pm
I’m sorry
I would probably and ask a rav

Wishing you a peaceful shabbos

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 7:31 pm
Lakewood poskim say leave your radio on and call with shinui if necessary

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 8:00 pm
Dear Lakewood imamother and imamothers everywhere across the world:

I am so very deeply sorry that many of us have to sit in fear in our homes like this. And go into Shabbos with these types of concerns.

There can be no reason to excuse such a situation. None.

All I can think of at this moment is that I have worked with abused women and have seen many people even men in positions of power cower in fear at a bully and threatening intimidating behavior and work to rationalize their appeasement. Cowardice.

Ayn Od Milvado

amidst all this craziness all I can think is that it must mean Moshiach is very very near may he come now

Wishing everyone a truly meaningful and joyous shabbos

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 3:53 pm
When I suggested a pre-recorded Pesach seder for people who were alone and completely locked down, the vast majority of the board freaked out and all but called me an apikorus.

So now it's OK to listen to a live broadcast on Shabbos? Where is your emunah? Don't you think Hashem will protect you and keep you from needing to violate Shabbos?

If there is a protest on your front lawn, I doubt you'll be needing a radio to notify you of the fact.

If you are afraid to leave your house, stay home, stay safe, and daven.

top mom

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 4:58 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
When I suggested a pre-recorded Pesach seder for people who were alone and completely locked down, the vast majority of the board freaked out and all but called me an apikorus.

So now it's OK to listen to a live broadcast on Shabbos? Where is your emunah? Don't you think Hashem will protect you and keep you from needing to violate Shabbos?

If there is a protest on your front lawn, I doubt you'll be needing a radio to notify you of the fact.

Yes, I remember that, FF!
I was thinking the same when reading the op.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 5:35 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

This is completely different. This is for safety.

I’m out of Lakewood (obviously) but I’m really worried about what happened today. I’ll find out on 5 hours...

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:27 pm
BH the protest was peaceful and there were no incidents whatsoever

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:08 pm
Gut voch!

So happy to hear this B"H! Still sorry for the stress...

yiddishmom

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:26 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

This! Totally don't understand the reasoning for leaving on radio.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:28 pm
The radio was silent over shabbos. The only way it would have been used would have been a pikuach nefesh situation.

Simple1

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:40 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I don't agree with those who gave you a hard time on that thread- was a case of AYLOR. But just wanted to point out that the radio in this situation was silent and would've only broadcast in the case of an emergency. As to your second to last paragraph- that's exactly why I didn't bother to turn on the radio!

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:09 am
The radio was silent. Had there been an emergency they would have said something. There were no updates or news reported.

I live nearby and didn’t leave it on. I want too worried and figure if anything did happen the sirens would alert me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries