Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Sore throat - do I need to suspect Corona? (Israel)

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 2:51 pm
I woke up with a slight throat this morning. It hasn't gotten any worse though has persisted throughout the day.

Do I need to suspect that it might be Corona?

Elfrida

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 2:58 pm
One can't rule it out.

On the other hand, there appears to be a virus going round causing sore throat and sneezing, and sometimes coughing, that has nothing to do with Corona. At work yesterday I was speaking to one of the doctors, who said she had spent the entire morning dealing with people who had sore throats and coughs, and not one of them had tested positive for Corona. She attributed it to the hot and cold weather we have had lately, and everyone going back to work and becoming re-exposed to each other.

Take acamol, rest, and see what happens over the next day or two.

You can ask your family doctor for a hafnaya for a Corona test. That's the only way to be sure.

Success10

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 3:03 pm
I'm getting over this virus now. I can't be sure it's not corona, but I doubt it. I think a lot of people in our area have it now.

DrMom

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 3:11 pm
We've all had sore throats before corona became a thing. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Do you have a fever?

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 3:43 pm
Have you had intense headaches for a day or two before the sore throat came up? By me, first it was headaches, then one day of sore throat, and then the soreness went away, followed by a week or two of really high fever. After that, it just became a blur of misery.

I seem to have followed what they call "the classic pattern", but not everyone got all the symptoms, or in the same order. I was sick for 2 months, other people are sick for a week, or only a day or two. Some die, and some don't even know that they are carriers.

That's what makes Corona so darn hard to pin down.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 7:42 pm
Thanks all. I don't have a fever but many people I know (family members who live abroad) who had a mild case didn't...

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:15 pm
A sore throat with no other symptoms probably isn't covid-19, unless you have been in close proximity to other members in your family who have been sick with the virus. I have had a sore throat for days, but I'm assuming it's allergies and caused by a bad post nasal drip.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:53 pm
My son had a sore throat for 3 days. He tested positive for antibodies 1 1/2 months later.
Thats the only time he remembers being sick.

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:10 pm
I had mild corona,sore throat no fever, so it's best to get tested.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:14 pm
Just an fyi..
I dont know where ur located, but strep has been going around lakewood for the past few weeks.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 6:24 pm
So my sore throat has basically gone but I still have a cold and general feeling under weather (in that sense I feel worse now then I did a couple days ago but managing to push on with regular life, just more tired, less apetite and general heavyish feeling).

If it persists I probably will ask to get tested. My question is this:

- Where does one go to get tested after getting a hafnaya (Yerushalayim)?
- How do I get to that place if I don't have a car? I guess I can't take a taxi and potentially infect the driver if I'm going to get a Corona test...

Thanks for your help.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 12:28 am
Its run through the kuppot Cholim, so the exact system will depend in which kuppah you are a member of. The first thing, as you said, is to get a hafnaya from your family doctor. Then you may have to book an appointment for testing.

If you want to tell me which kuppah, I might be able to give a more detailed answer.

As far as I know, no kuppah is sending people to houses to test, except for immediate family of confirmed cases (who are anyway in bidud). You will need to get to the testing station for your kuppah. If you have a car, you can book an appointment at the 'drive in' at Teddy, where you stay in your car all the time.

If not, you will have to wear a mask and use public transport to get there. You could get a taxi and sit in the back with all the windows open, or you could ask a friend who has had it and recovered to drive you. Otherwise, just get a bus. They have a lot of faith in wearing masks as a preventative measure.

After the test you are in bidud until you get the results. This is normally within three days, though due to the recent increase in testing it can take up to a week.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 12:49 am
we also just had the sneezing cough/ sore throat virus!
went away pretty quickly
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics