Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you think the virus is over?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:59 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Its doesn't matter how many more tests they are doing. If they are coming back positive - the virus is still around.

You could still test positive weeks after having the illness and recovering. Just because you test positive, does not necessarily mean you can still transmit the virus to others.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:05 am
Exactly what I thought... why are shuls open?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:29 am
Mothers wrote:
What general area do you live/work in?

Monsey NY

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:31 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Definitely not. I work in healthcare and the postive test results we're still getting dont lie

Responding to my own post to clarify, I live in monsey NY

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:35 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Mishpacha had very good coverage on this exact question this past issue.
(Basically, no.
Quote:
Even if cases are dropping in the frum community, if it is active in the general population we are still at risk
. And they bust the myth of herd immunity, as well.) Very informative and important read.

Of course you are. What’s with all the ladies in Williamsburg boro Park etc, they’ll want to start shopping in manhattan at some point so you have to consider that you will be exposed here

I live in manhattan and I guess here the notion that it is gone is all but a daydream. It’s still very real, the threat is real, and we have to do what we need to do from our part to maintain the flattened curve

eschaya

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:12 am
It's not over. I work in an ICU (not in NY). My 12 bed icu has 13 patients, and there are another 6 who would've been ICU 3 months ago but we dont have enough beds. Some patients have been in our icu on vents for a while, and others are just coming in.
2 brothers in my ICU, both doing poorly. Another set of brothers on our IMC, both in tenuous condition.

This is not over. BH in our frum communities we dont feel it so many have become lax. But give the virus just a tiny opening to enter, and it can ravage our community in days.

trixx

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:35 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Of course you are. What’s with all the ladies in Williamsburg boro Park etc, they’ll want to start shopping in manhattan at some point so you have to consider that you will be exposed here

I live in manhattan and I guess here the notion that it is gone is all but a daydream. It’s still very real, the threat is real, and we have to do what we need to do from our part to maintain the flattened curve

Uhhh what about the protestors, coming from all over to converge in one central mass.
The frum ladies (that we can presume have some kind of immunity as said above) are literally not the issue.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you think the virus is seriously over just because it’s hot outside?
Why?
I dont understand when people say this. This virus will not be over, ever. Just like the flu virus and other viruses go around all of the time.
It will get much better after a vaccine is found and hopefully the majority of the world's population will take it.
But gone? Um, nope. Not sure why people think that it could have just all of a sudden went away.

Success10

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:42 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I dont understand when people say this. This virus will not be over, ever. Just like the flu virus and other viruses go around all of the time.
It will get much better after a vaccine is found and hopefully the majority of the world's population will take it.
But gone? Um, nope. Not sure why people think that it could have just all of a sudden went away.

There have been other viral outbreaks in the past that wrought havoc and then just...went away. So people are hoping that will be the same with Covid. But it seems this virus is much more contagious than previous viral outbreaks, and not realistic that it will simply die out on it's own.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:44 am
Success10 wrote:
There have been other viral outbreaks in the past that wrought havoc and then just...went away. So people are hoping that will be the same with Covid. But it seems this virus is much more contagious than previous viral outbreaks, and not realistic that it will simply die out on it's own.
Of course. But even from day one it was known that a vaccine would be needed to be found and that this virus would not just be going away.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:45 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:

Nothing to shop in Manhattan anymore. The stores were emptied by the looters.

Success10

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:46 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Of course. But even from day one it was known that a vaccine would be needed to be found and that this virus would not just be going away.

I think deep down I'm hoping this thing will just disappear. No vaccine, no herd immunity. It'll just go away as fast as it came. Unrealistic, I know, but, you never know....

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 3:17 am
Success10 wrote:

No vaccine showed up for the spanish flu. It isn't around anymore.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 3:45 am
I know I'm gonna get a lot of back lash.... here goes...

It's a 14 day incubation period.. all the rioters and all the people who gathered around shevuos... just give it 2 weeks or more from then and then u can see if it is all around still...
My family personally r still being extra careful bc it all started with 1 person.. and each person can have different symptoms some more some less etc. All u have to do is be careful before another storm starts (hopefully not)
I know I'm not making sense (English is not my.first language) but if u understand...

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:51 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
No vaccine showed up for the spanish flu. It isn't around anymore.

It was around for 3 years.
So if you think corona is over get a reality check. Doctors are predicting it will be at least 2 years - the spannish flu got better in the summer and a second wave hit then next winter. That's what doctors are expecting to happen now.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:52 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I know I'm gonna get a lot of back lash.... here goes...

It's a 14 day incubation period.. all the rioters and all the people who gathered around shevuos... just give it 2 weeks or more from then and then u can see if it is all around still...
My family personally r still being extra careful bc it all started with 1 person.. and each person can have different symptoms some more some less etc. All u have to do is be careful before another storm starts (hopefully not)
I know I'm not making sense (English is not my.first language) but if u understand...

I know many people who agree. My family and my in laws all agree with you.

4g01o

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:55 am
eschaya wrote:
It's not over. I work in an ICU (not in NY). My 12 bed icu has 13 patients, and there are another 6 who would've been ICU 3 months ago but we dont have enough beds. Some patients have been in our icu on vents for a while, and others are just coming in.
2 brothers in my ICU, both doing poorly. Another set of brothers on our IMC, both in tenuous condition.

This is not over. BH in our frum communities we dont feel it so many have become lax. But give the virus just a tiny opening to enter, and it can ravage our community in days.

I'm sorry to hear but how many NEW cases are there? These people have been not well for a while no? Refuah sheleima to all.

Ora in town

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:58 am
Mama Bear wrote:

It's not completely gone; no one thought it would be 100% eradicated. but look at this image above.
The curve is definitely flattened.

The curve is flattened because of lockdown.
Most likely, the number of new cases will go up again, as soon as lockdown measures are eased.
Then it will be tightrope walk on how much social contact can be permitted without getting back to alarming increase rates...
And it might also be that everything seems to go well for a while, and then numbers start to go up again....

eschaya

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 5:04 am
Fab4 wrote:
I'm sorry to hear but how many NEW cases are there? These people have been not well for a while no? Refuah sheleima to all.

Plenty. Constant upstream movement. Patient starts out on the floor. Upgraded to the IMCU for increasing oxygen needs (often very rapid) then either hang on there tenuously or get upgraded to the ICU for intubation.
I was off for 4 nights. Came back tonight and many many new patients. Plenty of the old ones still lingering and not improving. But there is a constant influx. People who just became ill last week.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 5:10 am
Mama Bear wrote:

It's not completely gone; no one thought it would be 100% eradicated. but look at this image above.
The curve is definitely flattened.

You know that's just NYC, right? As in one city.

Even if NYC managed to flatten the curve, unless they can keep everyone else out then the virus will come back.

Btw, just read that Arizona is near 100% ICU capacity.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics