Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How do I get her to bed?

Ima2

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:14 am
ok so this question is very similar to one posted previously, but diff enough that reading it didn't help. so here's the question. my baby is 11 months old. up until now we've been co-sleeping. we want to start sleep training her. we're getting her a crib really soon, but still. my question is, she's been taking a nap in the morning for about 1.5-2 hrs from about 9, 9:30 till 11 or so, and then again around 2 for about 1-1.5 hrs. so she's up from about 3, 3:30 and she gets tired around 7-8pm. that's a great time to "put her to bed" only she sleeps for like 1 hr and wakes up and thinks it's a nap and then she's up until 11pm or so and then goes to sleep for the night. lately she's only been waking 1 or 2 times at night (I nurse her back to sleep), but I want to make her 7-8pm nap to her bed time. she often wakes up in the morning tired, I know she needs more solid sleep than 1 hr and then 8 hrs interrupted. but how do I do that? 1stly, should I just keep her on this self-made schedule and see where it leads or should I take over and teach her to sleep for longer? 2ndly at this hour of the night my house is so busy, I have older kids who are still up and trying to get them to bed, spending a lot of time putting her to bed at that time is going to be really hard if impossible-she also shares a room with my 15 year old, so....any thoughts?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:33 am
My baby was quite a bit younger when we had this issue, but for a week I made sure I was next to her to put her right back to sleep when she woke up (for us it was a bottle, do what works for you) so she would learn it’s still sleepy time. After a week she started rolling over and putting herself back to sleep then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics