Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did you ever have a mean teacher?
Previous  1  2

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:00 am
[quote="amother [ Slateblue ]"]How on earth is a mean teacher story going to give positive vibes???

How about the time my 8th grade teacher embarrassed me in front of the whole class for something I didnt do and almost got me expelled?
Positive enough for you?[/quoute]

I think OP meant making a tirumph on a teacher. Like a teacher who told you couldn't go to X and you did go to X

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:13 am
1st and 2nd has the same horrible teacher who had it in for me
This was in Public School
It was an antisemetic/race thing
She was always asking me black history questions to make me look dumb.
She was black.
How is a little white girl suppose to know.
At the end of 2nd grade she told my mom I will never be able to read even though I could read
I needed improvement, but I could read

I had others, but she did the most damage.

BTW, I became a special ed teacher

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:31 am
[quote="Chickensoupprof"]
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
How on earth is a mean teacher story going to give positive vibes???

How about the time my 8th grade teacher embarrassed me in front of the whole class for something I didnt do and almost got me expelled?
Positive enough for you?[/quoute]

I think OP meant making a tirumph on a teacher. Like a teacher who told you couldn't go to X and you did go to X

Ok. I didnt do what she accused me of doing, and I didn't get expelled. #triumph

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:55 am
I had a Malka Leifer kind of teacher. Not outwardly mean. On the contrary, very nice, outgoing, always wanting to help. When other teachers were mean to me, she comforted me, promised to talk to them. It took me years to realize she abused me.

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:04 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
This story happened when my sister was in school a teacher told a girl who was in the year after her mom passed away:
"JUST BECAUSE YOUR MOTHER PASSED AWAY DOESNT MEAN IM GOING TO BE NICE TO YOU"
PS The girl switched schools in middle of the year

I dont want to see Crying Surprised

No words. That is beyond cruelty.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:05 am
I had my litany of bad teachers, but here I am, great mom and housekeeper, is that a triumph?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:45 am
the rosh yeshivahs wife taught at my elemementary school she made fun of the adoptive kids and was was very nasty half the class intermarried

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:58 am
my cancer survivor DD then 14 had a bio lab teacher tell her class that you only got cancer if you lived a poor lifestyle. Her friends tried arguing with the teacher who said my father is a doctor so I know.

it took months for my DD to let me call her school.

Know why? Because while I was horrified over the stupidity and lack of compassion, my DD felt bad for her teacher and didn't want to get her in trouble. Yup, she's a special one and I'm proud that she's mine.

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:07 am
My son had a teacher who was mean, and vengeful, and threatened the boys, and had absolutely no control over the class. I'm not embarrassed to say that I was instrumental in getting her fired.
I tried to work with her from the beginning, was in touch with her directly, tried to back her up, but when I said to her that the boys felt she was being purposely vengeful and she admitted it, I went higher, and by November I was told that she had been given notice, and by December she was gone.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:50 am
I had a 9th grade teacher who came in one of the 1st days of school and for no reason at all started ranting that she's not going to gehinom for us (she said the curse word version though...) and she just went on and on ranting and we sat there frozen, like what did we do?

Turns out her mom and her sister were clinically unwell (mentally). I guess she was too... What

Triumph: We learned how to deal with unwell people, a valuable skill IMHO.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:46 pm
If you are going to say your story.. no need to give details of where you lived etc that would make it loshon hara. thank you

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:07 pm
My 6th grade teacher was mean. Not so much to me ( well she was but I had a mouth on me and was mean right back) but especially to the students who didn’t do well in class or where not a typical BY family. She used to read the grades out loud from lowest to highest with the girls names and I remember one time she went on for an hour how this girl who had writing on her shirt (I think it said gap or something) obviously isn’t frum at home or her parents would never let her come to school like that. She was so bad that I skipped all classes she taught from 7-11th grades I flat out refused to go and my parents didn’t make me. My parents even called the board of Ed on her and the school. She is still teaching 25 years later and I won’t send my kids to that school for that reason.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics