Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Floyd convicted of robbing and beating pregnant black woman
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:27 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I realize I don’t have all of the facts that the courts do and that I have personal bias. I don’t think that makes me a coward. I accept the courts ruling. Sentencing is a separate part from verdict. The courts are made of people. The courts aren’t unfortunately solely about guilty or not there are so many procedural rules that at times overshadow the guilty or not portion. Im not familiar with the case but the justice system allowed for Malcolm Alexander to present an argument to have the case retried and justice to be done. That seems to be lost on you. How is it you think you know the real truth of all of these cases you’re mentioning?

Your cowardice is in the misuse of amother to repeatedly lob nasty accusations against me. Were you not a coward, you would do it in your own name.

Malcolm Alexander was exonerated after 38 years, due to the efforts of people who did not blindly trust that the courts always come to the right conclusion. Anarchists, according to you.

Lemrick Nelson murdered Yankel Rosenbaum. After an African American child was tragically and accidentally killed in a motor vehicle accident, riots ensued. A group of 12–20 young Black men shouting "Kill the Jew", surrounded Rosenbaum, and Nelson stabbed Rosenbaum in the back. Oh, and I know Nelson did it because he later admitted it. So was his acquittal wrong? I guess I'm an anarchist, according to you, for thinking so. I'm willing to bet there's a lot of anarchists here.

Emmitt Till's murders also confessed. In a magazine interview, no less.

Recognizing that courts make errors does not make anyone an anarchist. Any more than disagreeing with a political figure does. Anarchy advocates rejection of government. I clearly don't do that.

BTW, I think that we could actually have an interesting discussion if you would like to discuss our differing views, rather than insult me.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:28 pm
Hey where is everyone's outrage and outpouring of support on the thread these women our own imamothers are posting about cowering in fear R"L and living under curfews!?!?!

Cheiny

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:25 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Many good points, but to me the scariest part is the blatant attempt to keep this information from the public. Purpose omission of these facts show a clear intention of the media to control the narrative.

What else is new? They’ve been pushing a false narrative (to put it mildly) against the president since before his election!

Cheiny

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:26 pm
But when the real justice system decides you don’t respect their decisions. Your earlier posts about George Zimmerman’s conviction and OJs conviction proves it. You may not be Cvs a vigilante but you certainly don’t respect the law. As I said it’s anarchy. Anarchy is the term for people that don’t respect the law that don’t respect property rights or individual rights. We had an 8pm curfew last night and men couldn’t Daven with a minyan because of these anarchists. That’s infringing on individual and religious liberties. The law allows for and respects peaceful protests at this point in time.

By the way, attending shul is not included in the curfew, which I learned last night.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:28 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-so-many-black-voters-are-democrats-even-when-they-arent-liberal/amp/

Why So Many Black Voters Are Democrats, Even When They Aren’t Liberal

Because they’ve been brainwashed by their so called leaders like Sharpton.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:29 pm
Cheiny wrote:
By the way, attending shul is not included in the curfew, which I learned last night.

We hold by our rav over the Mayor. He doesn’t let because of the potential danger. I should have been more clear. Without the riots my family would be able to go to maariv.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:33 pm
We hold by our rav over the Mayor. He doesn’t let because of the potential danger. I should have been more clear. Without the riots my family would be able to go to maariv.

Oh ok, I thought you were under the impression that it was not permissible to break the curfew to go to shul.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 5:28 pm
I am so sad and sorry that you are not able to go to shul just when it became possible legally speaking again! And the same for the wedding! This poor imamother who wants to go to bsimcha with her good friend and this poor couple who is getting married under such restrictions already and now people are afraid or confused about rioting, looting, curfews...

Hashem Yishmor!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 6:11 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Hey where is everyone's outrage and outpouring of support on the thread these women our own imamothers are posting about cowering in fear R"L and living under curfews!?!?!

I think that our women, who held down the fort for 3 months, deserve a night out tonight. I think that the protesters made their point and the looters destroyed what was left of America. I don't know how many days this must be tolerated and I would imagine that many black mothers who have been cooped up for months would likewise enjoy some outside dining at a restaurant.
As bad as Floyd's death was, and the feeling is that if he had been white he would still be alive, communities need a chance to rebuild and people need to be able to leave their homes. I say that the protesters should be sent packing and the looters should spend time in jail. Enough is enough and it's time for mothers everywhere to go to a wedding tonight or go out and eat cholent. Or maybe ice cream. Main thing, leave the house. Most of us are becoming less symptomatic with every passing day and I am just being honest.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 6:19 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I think that our women, who held down the fort for 3 months, deserve a night out tonight. I think that the protesters made their point and the looters destroyed what was left of America. I don't know how many days this must be tolerated and I would imagine that many black mothers who have been cooped up for months would likewise enjoy some outside dining at a restaurant.
As bad as Floyd's death was, and the feeling is that if he had been white he would still be alive, communities need a chance to rebuild and people need to be able to leave their homes. I say that the protesters should be sent packing and the looters should spend time in jail. Enough is enough and it's time for mothers everywhere to go to a wedding tonight or go out and eat cholent. Or maybe ice cream. Main thing, leave the house. Most of us are becoming less symptomatic with every passing day and I am just being honest.

Wait, what? Leave the house and go where exactly? Weddings, restaurants, ice cream? All pleasures from a past life. Sad

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 6:43 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Wait, what? Leave the house and go where exactly? Weddings, restaurants, ice cream? All pleasures from a past life. Sad

There are some small weddings, the restaurants will soon be serving at outdoor tables, and ice cream can be sold as carry-out so it's time to reclaim life.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:30 pm
like we dont parade our criminals, even when its proven that they're guilty in a court of law. Nechemia Weberman - is RAPE and assault of young teenagers not harsh enough not to protest, make tzedakah functions on his behalf. Rubashkin - granted, his sentence was harsh. But when he's released, he's celebrated like moshiach. He's still a criminal.

George Floyd was probably not a good person, probably a drug addict, and may have spent his entire life in and out of jail. However, that isn't the point. Since when is being a cop license to kill? Theres a court system for that. This seemed deliberate since he stayed on his neck after he lost consciousness.

He's a symbol. Not a hero. How about the girl. Breonna Taylor, who was shot 8 times while sleeping? The cops that killed her haven't even been charged..

As far as looting goes, businesses were concerned about looting when they shut down for the virus. the virus however kept looters away. With the protests, they had a "convenient excuse".

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 6:33 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
like we dont parade our criminals, even when its proven that they're guilty in a court of law. Nechemia Weberman - is RAPE and assault of young teenagers not harsh enough not to protest, make tzedakah functions on his behalf. Rubashkin - granted, his sentence was harsh. But when he's released, he's celebrated like moshiach. He's still a criminal.

George Floyd was probably not a good person, probably a drug addict, and may have spent his entire life in and out of jail. However, that isn't the point. Since when is being a cop license to kill? Theres a court system for that. This seemed deliberate since he stayed on his neck after he lost consciousness.

He's a symbol. Not a hero. How about the girl. Breonna Taylor, who was shot 8 times while sleeping? The cops that killed her haven't even been charged..

As far as looting goes, businesses were concerned about looting when they shut down for the virus. the virus however kept looters away. With the protests, they had a "convenient excuse".

If Floyd would have lived, and gone to jail for a disproportionate amount of time, and then used that time to really rehabilitate himself and become a kind good person, I would have applauded him at his release and wished him all the best in his new life. This isn't a perfect fit for Rubashkin, but close enough.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 7:02 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I don't know but 9 is certainly low enough that I don't feel it it represents a problem.
In 2015 the number of unarmed whites and blacks killed by police was 52 and 38 respectively. So the number of blacks killed last year vs 2015 is down 75%.
The other scary thing is that these numbers demonstrate that the protesters don't really know what they are protesting about. Nobody knows or cares about the data and what the numbers are. There could be zero black killings at the hands of police and if in 3 years from now there's a single incident I suspect the protesters will all go crazy again looting.
And here's the thing. It doesn't matter that 95% of the protesters are peaceful. 5% can cause billions of dollars of damage and destroy businesses.
And at the end of the day can someone tell me what these protest accomplish? Can someone name a single thing that the protesters hope will come out of this?

THIS!!!

The goal of the protests is to scare african-americans into voting for Biden because
cops are "hunting down" unarmed black men (NOT!). And convince whites that Trump is
a Racist. All the "Crisises" that are happening is to defeat Trump: Impeachment, Blaming for
Covid Deaths, Destroying Economy with Lockdown, Rioting and blaming "systemic" racism...
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics