Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Frustrated

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:33 pm
So my toddler, around 21 months, started lately giving me a hell of a time with breakfast and supper. Doesn't wanna eat anything I give. Usually ends up with a yogurt.
Is it part of the terrible two's and will pass or do I need to be concerned? I get so frustrated. I'm going nuts.

Last edited by silverlining3 on Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:35 pm
Yogurt is a fine breakfast. All my kid ever ate. Maybe she doesn’t need as much food as you think?

abaker

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:36 pm
What does he/she eat over the course of an average day? Then maybe we can have a better idea of the situation.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:36 pm
But why stop now? Always ate nicely bread

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:38 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
But why stop now? Always ate nicely bread

If she’s only eating one it’s better that she eat yogurt than she eat bread anyway.

Don’t stress about it. Childhood nutrition is cumulative

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:40 pm
abaker wrote:
What does he/she eat over the course of an average day? Then maybe we can have a better idea of the situation.

Regular day it's bread with or without eggs for breakfast. Yogurt or cottage cheese for lunch. And snack is yogurt or cottage cheese, the other of his lunch. Supper whatever I give. He has a snack too during day and sometimes a cookie if he wants.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:41 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Regular day it's bread with or without eggs for breakfast. Yogurt or cottage cheese for lunch. And snack is yogurt or cottage cheese, the other of his lunch. Supper whatever I give. He has a snack too during day and sometimes a cookie if he wants.

Sounds good to me

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:42 pm
silverlining3 wrote:

Sounds like he's eating very well. Maybe add a fruit or veggie here and there but otherwise he's doing fine.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:45 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Yogurt is a fine breakfast. All my kid ever ate. Maybe she doesn’t need as much food as you think?

It's a problem I have ever since I stopped nursing my oldest and she lost 2 lbs then. I'm obsessed with food and weight. She's nearly 7 and is ALWAYS hungry. She's a picky eater and all. But the food she likes, she loves.
Tho I do think I became better being that my other 2 kids eat more and better bh.
Now, since my baby still wakes during night it makes me guilty, maybe he's hungry... Rrraaaaaa

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:47 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Sounds good to me

Sounds good to me too. But then he started refusing! I'm really hoping it's just a passing short phase

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:48 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Sounds good to me too. But then he started refusing! I'm really hoping it's just a passing short phase

He might also be bored of the same foods, maybe try adding some more exciting things

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:49 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Sounds like he's eating very well. Maybe add a fruit or veggie here and there but otherwise he's doing fine.

My question wasn't if he eats enough or not. He's in the 75th percentile in both, height and weight. I'm just frustrated to why he started refusing....as I said, I'm very much hoping it passes

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
He might also be bored of the same foods, maybe try adding some more exciting things

That's a point. Thanks

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 10:06 pm
Very normal for kids to have new and constantly changing opinions about food. Calmly offer a balanced meal that includes at least one item you know he likes, and then don’t talk about it, get upset about it, bribe, etc. Let him eat what he eats and that’s it.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 10:10 pm
Ellyn Satter says it’s normal

https://www.ellynsatterinstitu.....ages/

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 10:23 pm
My four year old is a dairy-a-Holic. He’ll eat yogurt twice a day often. Shredded cheese, cheese stick, cottage cheese etc. he used to even eat shredded cheese with his yogurt. If he doesn’t like supper he’ll help himself to a yogurt from the fridge.

As long as he’s eating other foods during the day and still willing to try new ones at times, I wouldn’t be too concerned.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics