Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Would you stay in a hotel?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:01 am
We might need to stay in a hotel for one night in the near future to make it to a medical appointment on time. What is the general opinion on that? It's just DH and I, and we wouldn't be using any of the facilities, just the room. Is it safe?

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:03 am
Yes

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:25 am
If you were going in a leisure vacation I would be strongly against. For a medical appointment, you do what you need to do.
I would touch as little of the room as possible and be as careful as you can, but go.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:31 am
If it were me, I would call ahead and ask for a room that hasn't been stayed in for several days. Since most hotels are at extremely low capacity, they should be able to accommodate you. Even then, you may want to bring along some Lysol disinfecting wipes to wipe down surfaces - doorknobs, desks, remotes, bathroom area - just to be safe.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:42 am
doctorima wrote:
If it were me, I would call ahead and ask for a room that hasn't been stayed in for several days. Since most hotels are at extremely low capacity, they should be able to accommodate you. Even then, you may want to bring along some Lysol disinfecting wipes to wipe down surfaces - doorknobs, desks, remotes, bathroom area - just to be safe.

Lol, if I can find some! Thank you, though. We would probably be bringing our own sheets anyway.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lol, if I can find some! Thank you, though. We would probably be bringing our own sheets anyway.

If you have any kind of disinfectant or alcohol, it is easy to make wipes. You can then carry them either in resalable plastic bags for your purse or in a plastic container for bulk.

There are instructions on the web if you google but essentially you cut a roll of paper towels in half and then soak and remove the cardboard. If you google, it's very easy to do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics