Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Summer Camps And Daycamp
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:56 pm
Surplus wrote:
Anyone got answers yet? I did see some daycamp ads but not the ones that belong to schools. Camp had no answer yet as of yesterday.

I don’t have an answer, but my brother (who is a camp manager) is working on preparing the camp , like he does every year. He spends the weeks upstate and goes home for shabbas.

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 8:20 pm
is it true??? daycamps slated to be open july 6!!!!

keym

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 8:21 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

I heard that in NJ they CAN open. Now it's open to the daycamps to figure out IF and HOW to open.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 8:21 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

So far yes in nj but the requirements aren't out yet

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
So far yes in nj but the requirements aren't out yet

That’s great news. No news in NY yet regarding camps and daycamps.

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 8:53 pm
They're allowed to happen but they need to adhere to distancing and masks and other precautions. What kind of camp is that?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 7:41 am
Day Camp regulations announced this morning. 10 kids per group. Staff wear masks. Groups need to stay the same and keep away from each other. Daily questionnaire and temperature check. Bussing is an option (questions and temp check before mounting bus). Swimming allowed (groups kept separate). Field trips discouraged.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 7:53 am
ra_mom wrote:
Day Camp regulations announced this morning. 10 kids per group. Staff wear masks. Groups need to stay the same and keep away from each other. Daily questionnaire and temperature check. Bussing is an option (questions and temp check before mounting bus). Swimming allowed (groups kept separate). Field trips discouraged.

Shouldn’t be that hard to implement. There’s usually one counselor per 10 girls anyway. They’ll just need to brainstorm fun activities to do without getting too close. I’m sure there will be constant cleaning in the bathroom.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 7:56 am
ra_mom wrote:

Where can I read the source for this? thanks

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Shouldn’t be that hard to implement. There’s usually one counselor per 10 girls anyway. They’ll just need to brainstorm fun activities to do without getting too close. I’m sure there will be constant cleaning in the bathroom.

I think most bunks are larger than ten kids but maybe I’m wrong.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:03 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Where can I read the source for this? thanks

Summary Camp guidelines here: https://t.co/NYTMSdDEVo

Full guidelines here: https://t.co/NFIN2a71P5

mom24.7

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:18 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I think most bunks are larger than ten kids but maybe I’m wrong.

They are but with two counselors

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:24 am
mom24.7 wrote:
They are but with two counselors

I don’t know that splitting them up is going to be so simple though. They’ll each require their own room, lunch table, etc. Not always feasible depending on the camp location and space availability...

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:33 am
I think sending your kid to camp really depends on what level of risk you are willing to take because even the mandatory restrictions are not really mandatory because they are all modified by if reasonable, to the extent possible and if feasible. These are words that effectively excuse any deviation from the mandatory regulations.

One is trusting a camp which needs to make a profit to implement restrictions that are burdensome and costly so I would imagine many of them are going to do the bare minimum So they can claim they are doing everything feasible and reasonable. And who is going to enforce these except parents. And what I have seen on imamother is that there is a wide range of practices in terms of how people view the risks.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics