Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Psa for home schoolers

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 7:52 am
I see quite a few people considering homeschooling for next year-not a shocker there.

The Jewish online school is a wonderful online option for Judaics. There is a yeshiva day School track with different time zones, a chabad track if you want more of a chabad curriculum, a hebrew school track or private classes or tutoring.

Disclaimer: I used to teach there so maybe I am biased, but I think it's a fantastic option and I'm still in touch with stduents many years later who are so happy they did it. I've taught keriah remedial as well as one of the day school classes and there is quite the variety of students from different backgrounds.

Their website is Jewishonlineschool.com

Rappel

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:13 am
Thank you! That's good to know

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 12:21 pm
Rappel wrote:
Thank you! That's good to know

You're welcome
Hatzlacha

RuralIma

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 1:41 pm
It's actual times with teachers, right? I remember we looked into it briefly - we're pre-corona homeschoolers, but it's hard to find a complete curriculum for Judaics and I had no idea what a 1st grader was supposed to be learning (I still don't Can't Believe It) so we were looking for an online school for that. We went with Melamed Academy instead and I don't know. It's definitely cheaper, which is why we picked it, but I would prefer something that isn't just slides and videos. We're rethinking for next year.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 11:57 pm
Yes.
The asses are live. You see the teacher, other students, blackboard, polling etc
You can choose different times based on where you live

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 11:59 pm
There are also extra curricular programs. If you check their social media you can see more

RuralIma

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 12:01 am
Wonderful! Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling