Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Candlesticks
Previous  1  2

esther7

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 12:32 am
I had the same thing after I used the Goddards silver polish (blue container with the sponge)
I could be totally wrong, but I think it's because there might have been some residue left on the candlestick and/or I didn't wipe them properly after I finished polishing.
I polished them again, making sure to get as much of the residue off as possible, and then after I dried them, I wiped them again very well. I don't remember if I used a paper towel, or a silver polishing cloth, but it seemed to have done the trick. They stayed good for weeks after that. Though it's time to polish them again now Wink

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 12:47 am
I try to make it part of my housekeeping routine to polish the Shabbos silver every erev Shabbos mevarchim. For me that's the challa knife and board and the bechers. I also pick 3-5 things from the rest of the silver collection on rotation so that nothing looks too horrible. I also wash out the glass inserts for the candles on polishing week. My big leichter for the kids that stays on the sideboard is brass. I made a super dumb mistake and rinsed it several times with hot water from the kettle years ago and I ruined the laquered finish. My shomer v'zachor 2 candlesticks that go on the table are crystal. I hate polishing silver.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry