Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Visual perception disorder

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 2:25 pm
We still in process of finding out my 8 year old actual issue, but there is a good change she might have "visual perception disorder".

Because of Covid some tests have been pushed back and we are waiting for appointments.

So in the meantime anyone got any advice how to help her at the moment, and what we should or shouldn't do.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 2:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We still in process of finding out my 8 year old actual issue, but there is a good change she might have "visual perception disorder".

Because of Covid some tests have been pushed back and we are waiting for appointments.

So in the meantime anyone got any advice how to help her at the moment, and what we should or shouldn't do.

I had a student with visual perception disorder. Until you can get your child proper treatment, whenevr you're reading with your daughter make sure you pick up the book instead of laying it flat and you could sway it side by side horizontally. Like make sure she can scan all choices, pics etc.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I had a student with visual perception disorder. Until you can get your child proper treatment, whenevr you're reading with your daughter make sure you pick up the book instead of laying it flat and you could sway it side by side horizontally. Like make sure she can scan all choices, pics etc.

Interesting that you say that because she does always turns her head sideways back and forth when trying to read.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:40 am
More?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children