Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
White whole wheat flour vs. All purpose flour

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:37 pm
Is anyone familiar of how to substitute white whole wheat flour for all purpose flour? Is it an even change?

I have a recipe that calls for 3 cups white whole wheat flour and I want to use regular all purpose flour. Can anyone help me out with how to substitute?

Hashemlovesme1

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:44 pm
I substitute equal parts. I found that it works basically the same way. If recipe calls for regular whole wheat, then it’s a little different based on water absorption and I play with it.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:48 pm
Same amount.

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:55 am
Pretty much interchangeable, although you may find you need a bit less liquid if you're working with large volumes of all-purpose flour.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:14 am
Same amount roughly, maybe just a little bit generous of 3 cups, especially if your cups tend to measure on the light side. Depends on the recipe so check the consistency to see if you need to tweak the moisture content a bit.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:35 am
I haven't had luck using white ww instead of regular ww. I think it works best with swapping for all purpose.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 1:43 pm
I do find that the taste is very strong for very mild flavored baked goods. For example, we made sugar cookies, and there is a strong wheat flavor that would never be noticeable in a peanut butter, chocolate or other flavor cookie.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen