Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Gentech or Netspark filter for phone?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:43 pm
Anyone have recommendation of one over the other? I really don't want it to ruin my brand new phone.

I'm looking to block the browser and allow specific apps. but do want the option of opening browser if need be.

Any other filter company you're happy with?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:58 pm
I have Gentech alot of ppl are happy with it, I'm not and I am going to take it off

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 11:35 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I have Gentech alot of ppl are happy with it, I'm not and I am going to take it off

I have Gentech also and I'm not a fan. I've never tried netspark.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 11:47 pm
I have gentech and I don't have any issues with it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 11:49 pm
may I ask why you aren't happy with gentech? and what you are changing to instead?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 11:59 pm
It blocks unnecessarily a lot and I have mine on the lowest/supposed to be most open setting and should only block explicit things but it's constantly "blacklisting" things.
They do let you open up sites and it's sometimes pretty quick but it's also a bit annoying for things that you know are okay to be blocked in the first place.

I have it on my computer and since I installed it my computer has been having a lot of annoying issues that it didn't have before.
Sometimes it's really slow to load a webpage.

It blocks every picture that someone posts on here - minor inconvenience but just highlights how unnecessarily sensitive it can be.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 12:35 pm
Thank you! Anyone have a filter they DO recommend?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 2:17 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

They have WhatsApp and you can message them to remove the filter for upto 3 hours. in those hours my phone is faster and better. They put the filter back on and it's slow and yeah. I dont like it it messes up my internet connection and I had a whole problem when I updated the latest WhatsApp which is not compatible with the GENTECH filter had to uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics