Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Maccabeats come out with a song for George Floyd
Previous  1  2  3

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 5:09 pm
Lol. Unbelievable
To think that if the cop hadn’t killed him he’d have been rotting in a holding cell where he belonged.
And now they suddenly dimmed his fire...
this “gentle giant” (his brothers words) that stole and threatened an unborn baby’s life. Lowlife roaming the streets drunk and high on meth and fentanyl.

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 5:16 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
and by the way, since George Floyd isnt even mentioned, you can probably sing this song for any person killed unneccessarily in a brutal manner, victims of violence and terrorism etc

Maccabeats specifically dedicated this to Floyd despite there being (tragically) a huge list of names they could have dedicated it to. It's irrational to be extremely angry at them for it, but they did fumble this one.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 5:53 pm
Not to derail the train of thought but the song itself is quite underwhelming from a music and lyrical perspective.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 5:54 pm
Zehava wrote:
Lol. Unbelievable
To think that if the cop hadn’t killed him he’d have been rotting in a holding cell where he belonged.
And now they suddenly dimmed his fire...
this “gentle giant” (his brothers words) that stole and threatened an unborn baby’s life. Lowlife roaming the streets drunk and high on meth and fentanyl.

I think he's memorable bc of the movement he fueled.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 5:59 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I think he's memorable bc of the movement he fueled.

But this obvious contortion of facts is crazy

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 6:03 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Maybe 6 years ago they didn't have the confidence to write a song about the Naftali, Gilad, and Eyal. Are you the same person as you were 6 years ago?
Maybe it was too closs to their hearts and too painful. Maybe they were to nervous to write a song and they didn't want anyone to think they were belittle the tzaar and monetizing the tragedy. Maybe the families didn't want.

Oh please. Plenty of good Jewish people have been senselessly killed since then in the past year alone and there hasn’t been a song.

Except for Lori hy”d in this beautiful song by a collab of women. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pCsfPc_5f-U

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 6:10 pm
With the whole world erupting, the Jewish community had to come up with something.

giselle

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 6:14 pm
I didn’t even bother finishing that. Wasn’t a very good song and I’m a little disgusted. I’m all for equal rights, and black people don’t deserve to live in fear, but George Floyd doesn’t deserve this loving tribute.

mlc

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 6:26 pm
You realize they are a public voice. And that this whole world eruption isn’t really just about George Floyd, it is the principle of the matter.

Here’s a fact about galus- no one cares when Jews share their grievances. Whenever something antisemitic happens, the act is given some sort of excuse not religion related. Be it digging up false dirt from someones distant anything or attributing the hate to mental issues. No one is interested in the Jews ‘playing victim’. It annoys people. In galus the best thing to do is to understand that we are not in our own land and not make a big deal about ourselves.

About this video, it was definitely called for. Okay, so no-one is interested in our ‘victim hood’. But people do take notice of Jewish reactions to situations. The video wasn't pro destruction or riots. This is a politically correct move which does reflect on our community and actually our Jewish community does need right now. We are rachmanim. We care when others are hurt. If anyone can relate its us.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:32 pm
Exactly. That's why I support the song. It's not necessarily meant for us.

cbsp

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:41 pm
imasoftov wrote:

Thank you.

And I appreciate their consideration in censoring the foul language in the captions.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:37 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Reading OPs comment made me feel like she was saying "Of all people, they chose to sing about those people?

I don’t care what op’s comment made you feel like she was saying. The comment that I was referring to was completely uncalled for. A person has a question about one thing and another goes to such an extreme. Things are not black and white, no pun intended.

fmt4

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:45 am
groisamomma wrote:
They are officially off my Spotify list now.

The fact that they made this song probably means that they wouldn’t want someone like you as a fan anyways.
I’m adding them to my Spotify playlist now, so hopefully for every fan like you that they’ll lose, they’ll gain one like me!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts