Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Are Dell laptops made sturdier than HP laptops?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:38 pm
Ive had many Dell laptops over the years and one HP. The Dell laptop I bought before the newest computer (an HP), is still working fine.

This week the HP fell back ever so slightly onto a carpet, which Im sure happened to my Dells over the years and the Dells survived.

Since the slight fall onto a carpeted floor, the HP rectangular frame around the screen is coming away from the screen. I have Square Trade Drops and Spills, but its a pain to have to wipe the laptop clean before returning it for repair.

Ive had software issues and a battery that died pretty quickly with my Dell laptops, but never a body issue like what I described happened to the HP.

Im thinking HP laptops are lighter which is a plus, but not made to be as long lasting.

Generally are Dell laptops made sturdier than HP?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:46 pm
Dell laptops are sturdy but the chargers are awful. There’s a little pin inside and if that little thing breaks off the laptop decides the charger is counterfeit and the computer slows way down. So then you need to buy a new brand name charger and those aren’t cheap.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:12 am
In my experience, Dell laptops are better quality.

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:33 am
Yes. I have a Dell and an HP and the Dell is much better quality and seems sturdier.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 10:18 am
I don't think you can objectively compare every Dell to every HP. They make many different models, from high-end to budget. I have no doubt that the best HP is better than the best Dell, just as the best Dell (which I'm currently using) is far better than the cheapest HP. And every brand has lemons, no matter how much you paid. Customer service and standing behind their product is important, and I've seen plenty of online complaints about both Dell and HP in this regard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics