Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Complicated Unemployment issues (employer)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:11 pm
Relative of mine is a doctor and has his own practice. In February an employee gave notice she will be leaving to work elsewhere in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks she left. It seems that her new place of employment was closed for a few weeks because of covid-19. She has filed for unemployment saying that she couldn't work because of the pandemic. Technically this is true. On her unemployment application she put down my relative as her last employer. He's complaining that his rates are going higher because it appears that he fired her or was unable to work in his office. I think her new employer (an urgicare center) should have to deal with the unemployment claim because she was supposed to work for them. She's saying she filled out the application honestly and when asked who her most recent employer was, the honest answer was my relative.

Any thoughts about how to straighten this out?

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:35 pm
He can deny the claim and say that she quit. But unemployment is based on the previous 20 weeks of working regardless of where she is currently working so he might Be affected by it anyway.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:41 pm
Does he Have a record of her letter of resignation?
When someone files for unemployment, they choose if they were fired or resigned.
The employer can counteract, and either approve or dispute the claim with the Department if Labor. He can file her last date of employment in February and file the letter or notice of resignation along with it as proof.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics