Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Best place to buy granite tiles in NY (Bklyn pref)? Chinese?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 2:11 pm
Where are thd best places to buy granite tiles in NYC? I prefer Brooklyn.

Someone reliable said Chinese stores have best deals?

Anyone have good places? TIA

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:47 pm
bump

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 1:42 am
Weissmans on McDonald

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 4:18 am
Sentile design

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 8:16 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Weissmans on McDonald

They used to sell granite tiles, now they only sell granite counters when you do a kitchen with them.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 8:46 am
Responding to the Chinese granite thread. Chinese granite is cheap granite.

I asked DH about pricing. He said you don't know what you get when you buy Chinese granite. The quality is inconsistent. I remember the guy at the quarry telling me when I was looking away slabs not to buy Chinese granite.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 11:22 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Responding to the Chinese granite thread. Chinese granite is cheap granite.

I asked DH about pricing. He said you don't know what you get when you buy Chinese granite. The quality is inconsistent. I remember the guy at the quarry telling me when I was looking away slabs not to buy Chinese granite.

This is funny.

I heard from someone who works at one of the biggest marble and granite businesses in NYC, and someone else in the business, that its not granite from China that Chinese merchants sell, its the same granite everyone else sells, at better prices. Only the dealers are Chinese. Like buying fruits and veg in a Chinese owned store. Same fruits and veg.

All stores can have different qualities of finish on the granite, like diamonds that are VS-1, the guy explained to me, with more and less imperfections. Every lot is different, but you see that on the tiles.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 9:39 am
bump

happy12

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 10:42 am
Payless tiles 718 871 4345
On mcdonald ave. Its a frum store.
I went there with a decorator who was blown away by how cheap he was and hadany of the same items as lazar time for way cheaper.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 10:50 am
I was told not to buy Chinese granite (in any store) because the quality is very low, as there is a lot of iron in it, so that you can see rust after a while! It was about tiles that you use outdoor though

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I was told not to buy Chinese granite (in any store) because the quality is very low, as there is a lot of iron in it, so that you can see rust after a while! It was about tiles that you use outdoor though

Lazer Tiles and Sentile BOTH said all granite is identical. Some maybe are prettier than others, but quality is identical. But neither sell granite tiles (when I was there last, Lazer used to and doesnt now, and Sentil never did).

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 1:01 pm
happy12 wrote:
Payless tiles 718 871 4345
On mcdonald ave. Its a frum store.
I went there with a decorator who was blown away by how cheap he was and hadany of the same items as lazar time for way cheaper.

Thanks! Only certain tile places sell granite and marble, I tried calling but no one picks up. Ill try on Sunday/Monday.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries