Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Obgyn recommendation needed asap please!
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 2:13 pm
Thank you! So reassuring to hear! I'm nervous about the other two doctors on his team, I hope to have Dr Abdelek at delivery. Also side question does hackensak have private rooms or shared rooms? Thanks

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 2:31 pm
Hackensack L & D is private rooms. Was not impressed with their NICU even though they are supposed to be excellent and I ended up having an ambulance transfer to a different hospital for my baby. But iyh you hopefully won’t need that.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 2:39 pm
Thanks what about the recovery rooms are those private? The ones for 2 day stay... you're fortunate you were able to transfer. I hope not to need the NICU but you never know....

mommy15

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 3:56 pm
Are u able to ask by appointments to only see dr surowitz at least for beginning apointments?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 5:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks what about the recovery rooms are those private? The ones for 2 day stay... you're fortunate you were able to transfer. I hope not to need the NICU but you never know....

Yes, rooms are nice and private. And couch pulls out to full bed for the dads. (At least three years ago when I was last there)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 5:01 pm
Ok great thanks!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 6:48 pm
Dr Ratzersdorfer who works with Dr. Abdelhak is out of this world. He actually delivered my twins via c- section. He is so calm and reassuring!! The rooms in Hackensack are private and most nurses are really nice. The nicu I had a bad experience with but supposedly its supposed to be excellent.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 6:50 pm
mommy15 wrote:
Are u able to ask by appointments to only see dr surowitz at least for beginning apointments?

Its very hard to get an appointment with Dr Surowitz especially now she is opening her new birthing center.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:17 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Dr Ratzersdorfer who works with Dr. Abdelhak is out of this world. He actually delivered my twins via c- section. He is so calm and reassuring!! The rooms in Hackensack are private and most nurses are really nice. The nicu I had a bad experience with but supposedly its supposed to be excellent.

Thank you! I appreciate hearing that! I hope this new woman doctor is good too! I mostly hope to be able to have Dr Abdelhak for delivery but its comforting to know his staff is as calm and positive (and hopefully as pro natural) as him!
Thanks for the info - it will be my eight birth iyH but my first with a diff dr and hospital(my prev dr was present and delivered all my children) so this is nail biting for me - not knowing what to expect in any way!
Thanks so much!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! I appreciate hearing that! I hope this new woman doctor is good too! I mostly hope to be able to have Dr Abdelhak for delivery but its comforting to know his staff is as calm and positive (and hopefully as pro natural) as him!
Thanks for the info - it will be my eight birth iyH but my first with a diff dr and hospital(my prev dr was present and delivered all my children) so this is nail biting for me - not knowing what to expect in any way!
Thanks so much!

WOW!! good luck hope everything goes smooth easy and healthy!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:31 pm
Amen! Thank you!

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:07 pm
Op, I had Dr.. Ratzedorfer at my delivery and it was my best delivery ever. He is fantastic - he’s cool, calm and collected under pressure and is extremely knowledgeable! Super super happy with him. I wouldn’t worry. Not sure the woman doctor does any deliveries btw...it may be just Dr. Abdelhak and Ratzedorfer...

mommy2x

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:29 pm
For those asking about Dr. Segal's practice, I used them for delivery and had a vaginal birth and was trying without epidural (and succeeded) . BH they never pushed c-section but they were quick to push other things I didn't like such as monitoring me only in a full lay down position even though I objected multiple times and breaking my water early (causing me more pain so it can go faster, even though I was progressing fine). They (hospital and Dr. Who delivered) seemed to have an agenda (getting baby out) without caring about my requests (please fix my IV it hurts, please don't monitor me again I'd like to skip it...even though DH and me were both very calm and polite about it). Nurses in rwj not so friendly but overall it was OK experience, I feel like I could've had much better and switched to OGOA. For those worrying about them using a hospital with a level 2 NICU (not level 3 like some , they have a level 2 NICU which is enough to help any baby with any needs, but possibly not all needs longer term. That is when they transfer. But baby is taken care of there with everything he/she needs until stable and well enough to transfer to level 3 if needed. Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:30 pm
Thanks so much for telling me that! It sounded like she does do deliveries but amazing to hear that at least 2/3 are really superb! Thanks so much for the reassurance!

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 10:10 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Its very hard to get an appointment with Dr Surowitz especially now she is opening her new birthing center.

Her staff doesnt think its ever going to open or work out

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 1:36 pm
it was advertised in the voice last week that they are taking appointments no?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries