Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It's Official - Overnight Camps Canceled 2020
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:18 pm
@andrewsiff4NY

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:23 pm
That sucks. Although I'm not surprised.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:25 pm
Relieved.

doctorima

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:28 pm
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new.....9016/

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:32 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Relieved.

Me too! B”H! It will force safety and protect people from those who aren’t concerned about doing so.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:37 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Me too! B”H! It will force safety and protect people from those who aren’t concerned about doing so.

Yay! Now we'll have crowded parks, overwhelmed mothers, bored and restless teenagers, and assorted other exciting things!

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:38 pm
BDE
Not surprised nor relieved but happy the decision has FINALLY been made so we can recalculate our summer plans!
I’m sad for everyone that wanted it, but kind of expected it by now.

rae

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:42 pm
Insane. I hope they find some loophole to open. It’s safe for practically all states but NY “really cares” about its citizens.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:45 pm
Crying
Many boys camps are working on a daycampers program for all ages.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:49 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Yay! Now we'll have crowded parks, overwhelmed mothers, bored and restless teenagers, and assorted other exciting things!

Yay! Better than having more people sick and dying Chas v’sholom

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:49 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Crying

That means you must be upstate to attend

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:50 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Crying

In the mountains? It will probably be complicated to figure this out so late in the game and I’m sure there will be inspectors coming all the time to find a way to shut that down too.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:50 pm

[personal insult removed. And also abuse of amother. Come on.]

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
In the mountains? It will probably be complicated to figure this out so late in the game and I’m sure there will be inspectors coming all the time to find a way to shut that down too.

Yes. They're working on it for a while already.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:52 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
That means you must be upstate to attend

Right. They're trying to figure out the logistics and for boys to find who to stay with upstate. It has to pay for camps to do this, they need enough boys.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:53 pm

Whoever was meant to die this summer will die unfortunately. This has nothing to do with health at this point. How many times should we repeat that camp would’ve been safer than daycamp and all other alternatives like working in groceries? The kids are not sitting locked in at home. Dig your head out of the sand for once!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:53 pm
rae wrote:
Insane. I hope they find some loophole to open. It’s safe for practically all states but NY “really cares” about its citizens.

Cuomo cares about getting blamed for any problems because he already messed up with nursing homes. I would say that if chas v'sholem a child becomes sick, it's up to Sullivan county to deal with the issue and I am not sure how they were planning to deal with it.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:57 pm
I guess the rioters and protesters are not an issue for every one because they go home at night presumably or in the morning as the case might be
though BLM and its affiliates in CHAZ do not go home at night they are protesting and rioting all day and all night for about two weeks now
Assume people and politicians are equally concerned about everyone and apply the law consistently.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:58 pm

May I ask why day camps won't kill people? And protests won't kill people? And long lines at the supermarket? Why do only sleepaway camps kill people?

This isn't a matter of public health anymore. Parents should have the ability to choose where their child is safest based on their circumstances. No reason a child who got sick and has antibodies should have to stay in the crowded, humid and frankly disgusting city because Cuomo won't trust the parents of high risk children to keep them home. This isn't public health, this is politics.

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:58 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Cuomo cares about getting blamed for any problems because he already messed up with nursing homes. I would say that if chas v'sholem a child becomes sick, it's up to Sullivan county to deal with the issue and I am not sure how they were planning to deal with it.

Monsey is an hour away. Manhattan is exactly two hours away. There is no corona related emergency that could come up that cannot wait an hour or two. Actually, I wouldn't send a dog I liked to Sullivan county hospital so they don't have to worry.

I know plenty of women who had babies while they were in the mountains and they did not give birth in Sullivan county. I actually went back to lakewood to have my baby...
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics