Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Does this neighborhood exist.
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:25 pm
We live in lakewood and are looking to move to a neighborhood that would be a better for for our family.
We are in our 40's
Dress tznius, stockings, etc., longish sheitel (16 inch)
Husband wears a shtreimel
Girls are not in chassidish schools, boys in heimish yeshiva. Havarah is chassidish but clientele just heimish. More bais yaakov type.

Looking for a neighborhood where we would fit in, have friends. Not looking for a modern neighborhood. Boundaries between men and women should be there. For example, we say good shabbos to the other gender, and would have another family over for a shabbos meal, etc, but we are not friendly with the other gender.

Any thoughts?

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:27 pm
I live in westgate and there is a mix of all types but sounds like you would fit right in!

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:28 pm
Yes it exists. My dh is chassidish and we send our kids to chassidish elementary schools. Girls high schools and boys mesivta we send to yeshivish schools. I'm posting anon but if you post an email I can contact you.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:29 pm
It sounds like you would fit into Rabbi Shemano's shul and some of the blocks in the Miller Rd/New Central neighborhood.

Is the Squankum/Whispering Pines neighborhood too chassidish for you? What about Brookhill and other neighborhoods down County Line?

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:29 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I live in westgate and there is a mix of all types but sounds like you would fit right in!

Hi neighbor! That's what I had in mind.

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 11:33 pm
I know a few people in Jackson like that. Royal Grove.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:17 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
It sounds like you would fit into Rabbi Shemano's shul and some of the blocks in the Miller Rd/New Central neighborhood.

Is the Squankum/Whispering Pines neighborhood too chassidish for you? What about Brookhill and other neighborhoods down County Line?

Not op but I’m curious- which blocks in this area have heimish people?

Rabbi Shemanos Shul is a sefard / heimish Shul?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:23 am
There are a lot of heimish families all over the area. They are mostly very lite-heimish, they fit in with their litvish neighbors very well, some send their kids to litvish schools, some to heimish schools. Some of the men wear streimels, some brim ups. They're scattered all over the neighborhood.

ETA sorry, I meant to quote the post asking about Rabbi Shemano's shul. I was answering that post about what streets the heimish families live on.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:35 am
Thanks all for your responses. The whispering pines neighborhood is too chassidish for us. We would be selling a single family home on a large property so although the idea of Westgate is attractive, I think we would be looking for a single family home on a nice property, not fancy, just a little bit more private perhaps. I do not want to post giving too much personal information at this point because this is a very fresh idea and so if anyone is comfortable posting about their neighborhoods under their sn so that I can PM them I would appreciate it. If not I totally understand and this is still helpful so that I have some ideas before I call an agent.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:43 am
There is also Rabbi nicheliss shul on circle place in that area

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:34 am
Sounds like you would be perfect for royal grove-jackson

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:12 am
Maybe look into one of the lots for sale on Prime Lane. Its off County Line. Sounds like your type.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Yes it exists. My dh is chassidish and we send our kids to chassidish elementary schools. Girls high schools and boys mesivta we send to yeshivish schools. I'm posting anon but if you post an email I can contact you.

Thank you. I set up an email account. Momlakewood08701@gmail.com.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:59 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Sounds like you would be perfect for royal grove-jackson
This

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:07 pm
Thanks so much for your input. About royal grove, jackson. Is it a fancy neighborhood? I am happy to shop in clover/sage/ heads of class outlet. My kids dress up to date, we buy on sale. If my kids want to play outside on shabbos wearing their natives that is totally fine with me. I don't force them to put on shabbos shoes just because they have to look good for the neighbors. So looking for a chilled out area. Not a place where all the kids are wearing clothing from la di da (we buy there when they are 70% off!) I want my kids to feel like they fit in.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:14 pm
14th st area?
Kol aryeh?
Khal chassidim?
Bais michoel (mickeys)?
Willow ct?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 4:59 pm
I would think 14th street area is not what you’re looking for. Maybe Pawnee area in Jackson or New England Village - very nice normal non judgmental. I live in westgate and also think it would be a good fit but I understand you wanting a private place. Good luck!

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for your input. About royal grove, jackson. Is it a fancy neighborhood? I am happy to shop in clover/sage/ heads of class outlet. My kids dress up to date, we buy on sale. If my kids want to play outside on shabbos wearing their natives that is totally fine with me. I don't force them to put on shabbos shoes just because they have to look good for the neighbors. So looking for a chilled out area. Not a place where all the kids are wearing clothing from la di da (we buy there when they are 70% off!) I want my kids to feel like they fit in.
real natives are fancy to me lol, my kids only have knock offs. Seriously tho, I think all the kids run around in natives shabbos afternoon. But they wear their nice shoes in the morning for shul. There’s definitely a percentage of fancier families but also some simpler ones. Like us Wink

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:34 am
I live in the 14th street area and love it, but belong to the Litvish shul. I wonder if you would like either Kol Aryeh or Khal Chasidim.

I'm similar to you in terms of fanciness - we buy on sale, my kids are pretty put-together but on a shoe-string budge (I'm a good shopper.) There are all types in the area, from people like me (or simpler!) to people who are fancy. It's a real mix, and I've found my place in it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:38 pm
I have never heard of royal grove. Are the houses in need of a lot of work? Or basically nice?
For those that mentioned the 14th st area, the people I know that live there are very fancy, not chilled. Xan anyone recommend more specific areas?
I love the area around Westgate. What shul/rav is there that is heimish, a few shtreimels, and davens sefard?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries