Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Wouldnt having 1/2 the police force the USA black, solve
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:22 pm
A more diverse police force is not what is needed here. Changing the race of the officers won't change behavior.

What is needed is a police force that is level headed, better trained, with better screening for mental health issues. Those with previous infractions should be sent to desk jobs, or dismissed all together. (Plenty of malls need security guards, LOL)

Salaries should be commensurate with experience and good reviews. Competence should be a large factor in promotions, not just years on the job.

There should be more transparency, with the public able to see individual records of each officer. There should also be more transparency when a civilian files a complaint against an officer. The complainant should have full access to knowing what an "internal investigation" looks like, and they should have a chance to testify.

Covering badge numbers should be made illegal outside of an actual funeral service. Body cams and dash cams should be on at all times, and not having that equipment in working order while on the job should be a major offense.

Guns and tasers should be bungee clipped to the officer's belts, so that they cannot be grabbed by a criminal and used against anyone.

Quarterly workshops should be mandatory, and the main subject should be community relations and how to deescalate potentially dangerous situations. Officers are supposed to keep the peace, not turn an altercation into an egotistical, macho confrontation.

Einikel

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:27 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
A more diverse police force is not what is needed here. Changing the race of the officers won't change behavior.

What is needed is a police force that is level headed, better trained, with better screening for mental health issues. Those with previous infractions should be sent to desk jobs, or dismissed all together. (Plenty of malls need security guards, LOL)

Salaries should be commensurate with experience and good reviews. Competence should be a large factor in promotions, not just years on the job.

There should be more transparency, with the public able to see individual records of each officer. There should also be more transparency when a civilian files a complaint against an officer. The complainant should have full access to knowing what an "internal investigation" looks like, and they should have a chance to testify.

Covering badge numbers should be made illegal outside of an actual funeral service. Body cams and dash cams should be on at all times, and not having that equipment in working order while on the job should be a major offense.

Guns and tasers should be bungee clipped to the officer's belts, so that they cannot be grabbed by a criminal and used against anyone.

Quarterly workshops should be mandatory, and the main subject should be community relations and how to deescalate potentially dangerous situations. Officers are supposed to keep the peace, not turn an altercation into an egotistical, macho confrontation.

This makes so much sense. Is this your own thoughts or did you read up on this topic?

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:29 pm
I feel it is very important that only Blacks police Black neighborhoods.

No matter how much training, it is unrealistic to expect there to be zero police brutality -
there are always some bad apples.

Black Lives Do NOT Matter - only when a Black is killed by a White does it matter.

When Thousands of Blacks are murdered by other blacks in chicago - it doesn't matter.
When Black Christians are slaughtered by Muslims - it doesn't matter.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:33 pm
Good points BB but these are all cities that are mixed...Minneapolis, Atlanta, Chicago...so how would that work?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:35 pm
Just a side question, are there enough blacks who are interested in being a police officer and qualified to do so, to make up 1/2 the force? If not, would that mean forcing blacks into that career, having underqualified black police officers, or shrinking the size of the department to be double whatever black police officers there are?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:45 pm
Einikel wrote:
This makes so much sense. Is this your own thoughts or did you read up on this topic?

My thoughts entirely, based on personal experience. During the beginning of the HIV crisis, I was a civil rights and medical rights protester with ACT-UP. We were a non violent organization, and have had many run ins with some "less than nice" police.

I spent a night in jail once, and it was not fun. I've been in court, and that was not fun either. That said, as an attractive white woman, I was handled with kid gloves compared to the way other friends of mine have been treated.

I do think that having more women on the force would be a good idea. Somehow, the presence of women has a civilizing effect on the "boys". Men are less likely to be total jerks if a female officer is present. If anything, the female officers can try and talk some sense into the other cops and get them to calm down before things get out of hand.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:04 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
My thoughts entirely, based on personal experience. During the beginning of the HIV crisis, I was a civil rights and medical rights protester with ACT-UP. We were a non violent organization, and have had many run ins with some "less than nice" police.

I spent a night in jail once, and it was not fun. I've been in court, and that was not fun either. That said, as an attractive white woman, I was handled with kid gloves compared to the way other friends of mine have been treated.

I do think that having more women on the force would be a good idea. Somehow, the presence of women has a civilizing effect on the "boys". Men are less likely to be total jerks if a female officer is present. If anything, the female officers can try and talk some sense into the other cops and get them to calm down before things get out of hand.

I do not think we should have policewomen at all.

If a women is brought in for women issues it could be addressed by a specilaized police staff member that has credentials of csw and policeofficer.

The women in my life are wonderful but not the policewomen I came across and neither the teachers.

and in general, women teachers are meaner than melamdim.

sorry, gals: this is from painful experience.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 1:40 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I do not think we should have policewomen at all.

If a women is brought in for women issues it could be addressed by a specilaized police staff member that has credentials of csw and policeofficer.

The women in my life are wonderful but not the policewomen I came across and neither the teachers.

and in general, women teachers are meaner than melamdim.

sorry, gals: this is from painful experience.

So women shouldn’t be police officers or teachers?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics