Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Beijing has a new outbreak; is this our new normal?
Previous  1  2

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:12 pm
My biggest question is why people (especially those here) seem to think they are too special to follow directions. I am not opposed to openings society back up, but WITH PRECAUTIONS. Wear your mask, stay 6 feet away, practice proper hand hygiene.
If everyone followed the simple rules, life might be slightly harder for the individual, but much better for the Klal. But, people are selfish.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:47 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I find it fascinating that none of you are questioning *why* the vaccine narrative is the only one we are hearing.

It seems more common sense to focus on cures and treatment so why the vaccine? Don't you wonder?

Because I don't want treatment with side affects. I don't want to just survive a disease.
I'd rather simply NOT get it.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:52 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
My biggest question is why people (especially those here) seem to think they are too special to follow directions. I am not opposed to openings society back up, but WITH PRECAUTIONS. Wear your mask, stay 6 feet away, practice proper hand hygiene.
If everyone followed the simple rules, life might be slightly harder for the individual, but much better for the Klal. But, people are selfish.

I don't understand this either. Why is it so hard for people to wear masks? Seriously? If you want to open, but you don't want precautions. Well, then stay closed.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:55 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

I've been frustrated by this from the beginning. During lockdown, it was hard for me to take my kids out for a walk because most kids were always out. If every family went out for a reasonable amount of time, everyone could have a chance. But no... Why cooperate and share if you can grab it all for yourself?

I understand that many people are uncomfortable in a mask. But discomfort is not the same as danger.

This is a mindset that I find hard to relate to.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:56 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Because I don't want treatment with side affects. I don't want to just survive a disease.
I'd rather simply NOT get it.
and vaccines have no side effects??

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:01 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

Considerably less than any medication. You realize how lousy most people feel on antibiotics which are not even strong antivirals like Remdesivir.

sky

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:15 pm
I too am pro vax.

But a hastily released new vaccine that skips many previous precautions terrifys me. I don’t know that I’d be first in line to get it.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:24 pm

It probably does have some side effects but people who are in the higher risk groups are probably better off getting vaccinated than catching the virus.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:51 pm
sky wrote:
I too am pro vax.

But a hastily released new vaccine that skips many previous precautions terrifys me. I don’t know that I’d be first in line to get it.

Many of the skipped precautions are really more like bureaucracy rather than saftey measures and/or not relevant once the next phase is approved (I.e. skipping the animal phases, intentionally exposing indivudals to the virus, lobbying for the next phase etc.) It's also quite likely we can build upon the science of past vaccines (like we do with the flu vaccine) with a minor tweak or maybe the OPV will even work (since it protects against many viruses indirectly). Makes sense?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Considerably less than any medication. You realize how lousy most people feel on antibiotics which are not even strong antivirals like Remdesivir.

keep digging your head in the sand. Many people who get the flu shot are sick for a week. Still better than getting the flu. Banging head

lucky14

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:38 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
keep digging your head in the sand. Many people who get the flu shot are sick for a week. Still better than getting the flu. Banging head

Oh wow not this again...

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I've been frustrated by this from the beginning. During lockdown, it was hard for me to take my kids out for a walk because most kids were always out. If every family went out for a reasonable amount of time, everyone could have a chance. But no... Why cooperate and share if you can grab it all for yourself?

I understand that many people are uncomfortable in a mask. But discomfort is not the same as danger.

This is a mindset that I find hard to relate to.

The answer is simple, IMHO.
America is a "free country", and Americans pride themselves on their freedom and liberties more than anything. That doesn't translate very well into following instructions, even if those instructions are for their own good. There will ALWAYS be someone who will question "Why do I have to listen? It's a free country, I can do whatever I want". And conspiracy theories. There will always be conspiracy theories. This logic supersedes common sense more often than not. Not something you see in too many other countries.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 4:17 am

They do - but less than corona and it's treatments.

ora_43

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 4:33 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I find it fascinating that none of you are questioning *why* the vaccine narrative is the only one we are hearing.

It seems more common sense to focus on cures and treatment so why the vaccine? Don't you wonder?

Are you reading the news? Because there's been a lot of talk about treatments.

It's natural for vaccines to come up when the question is how long we're going to keep having new outbreaks. Treatment doesn't stop outbreaks, only vaccines (hopefully) do that.

But if you look at what experts are saying about the long-term plan for dealing with this, treatments that reduce the fatality rate are a big part of that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics