Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
26-year old in Israel dies from Kawasaki disease
Previous  1  2

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:12 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
todays news says "Kawasaki like complications from Covid" which is more nuanced

Yeah, but Kawasaki syndrome is kind of mysterious itself, it's just normally rare enough that people don't worry about it.

ora_43

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 4:44 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
The mother is adamant that it was medical negligence that caused his death, not corona.
He apparently was unplugged from all his machines for 15 min while they transferred him rooms.
Plus it's unclear as to whether he had corona at that time or not.

https://www.ynet.co.il/article.....oplay

But the reason he was on machines in the first place was that his lungs and heart weren't functioning properly.

Whether or not doctors could have done more to save him, the thing that killed him was this illness.

It's hard to say whether or not it's corona-linked but it does seem likely considering all the similar corona-linked cases.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 4:54 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Right now my biggest fear is reinfection, because if you get it again it seems to be invariably fatal the second time around.

I don't know if they are testing to see if people are coming down with different strains on the second round, if it's a flare up of the first virus that never fully went away, or something else entirely.

I do know that when I recovered, I found that my immune system was completely wiped out, so I can see how a secondary viral infection could do so much more damage. If the first round of Covid made me seriously ill for 2 months, what would another round of it do to me? Sad

I do love you, FF, but a lot of the things you post here as facts are pure speculation and have no data to support it.

“Invariably fatal the second time around”? No.

“Immune system completely wiped out”? As in you had a sudden and precipitous drop in T cells and white blood cells that was confirmed in a laboratory? Or were you just generally feeling unwell?

Let’s not devolve into fear mongering and inducing anxiety.

I hope you’re feeling good!

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:23 pm
update :todays news his parents are saying he never had covid and are denying the hospitals version of events
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics