Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Update on parks opening
Previous  1  2

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:28 pm
A kid brought a bolt cutter and opened the lock to 18th Ave park today. Let's see how long it lasts is right.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:36 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I'm.confused. Parks are open ,just not the equipment? Is this correct?

Incorrect. In williamsburg the entire park is closed. There's nothing else in the parks besides playground equipment and baskeball courts, so it's all closed.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:37 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Why can't they run around and play without going on playground equipment?

I don't get all these sentiments. You're not locked in to your houses, you just need to be more creative. Growing up, we didn't have much in our vicinity in the way of playgrounds and we managed just fine. It's shouldn't be a choice of playground equipment or climbing the walls. There's so many other things to do. It's just a mindset.

My sister has a 2 year old toddler who does not.sit.still.for.ten.seconds. She is constantly retrieving him from every table, counter, and windowsill -- she cannot sit down for a second. and this is not a child with adhd. It's a regular, super active toddler, who does not have any physical outlets, so he's climbing the furniture. She would spend an hour every afternoon at the playground with him where he would let his energy out. She lives in an apartment building above a row of stores. No backyard. This child is LITERALLY CLIMBING THE WALLS.
She is counting the seconds until the bungalow colonies open.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:38 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
A kid brought a bolt cutter and opened the lock to 18th Ave park today. Let's see how long it lasts is right.

Yup theyve been cutting open Middleton park daily for the past few weeks, and getting chased out again... lol

Einikel wrote:
The parks in BP Williamsburg are essentially only playgrounds. If they close the playgrounds they close the entire park.

fleetwood wrote:
I think the equipment is closed everywhere , including basketball hoops.

Correct.

Rosemarie wrote:
Nope, the park in my area consists of playground with a bit of surrounding grass, plus a separate gated area for basketball, handball, and exercise equipment. All this in less than the size of a square block, so not really a park, and you can close just the playground without closing off the grass too. So it's been locked for a long time. Every time its locked, someone manages to break the lock within a couple of days (not hidden because it was broken on shabbos and we do live near a non Jewish community too), and then it gets locked again a day or 2 later.
But what do you know, the basketball/ exercise court, frequented by teen who smell of weed all the time so mostly our kids stay away from there, that section has never been locked or closed since March. It's been open all along.

Anyone care to rely to explain that?

Not in williamsburg. The entire thing is closed. Sealed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics