Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Share your worst customer stories
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:38 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
I used to be a graphic designer. I once had a random guy call and start screaming at me that one of my designs had been copied off of his (it wasn't, I did the design personally and it was 100% my own work). I listened in growing dismay until my boss got wind of what was going on and insisted I give him the phone instead of stammering apologies - I'll never forget how he told the guy 'you cannot talk like that to my employees! How dare you talk with such disrespect to my workers!' Then he got off the phone and apologized to me for having to deal with that customer!

THAT is a boss I can respect. He was one of the most ehrliche bosses I ever worked for and is a very upstanding person.

Another time I had a client come in spitting that the shade of yellow on her advertisement was 'off'. she was so out of control about it that I thought she must have forgotten to take her medication.

Your boss sounds like real mensch. Years ago I worked in an organization and I had a client (free paying really it was an organization..) curse me out on the phone because he was angry at our policies. I went home in tears. My boss was a tzadik and he stuck up for me as well. Really wish there were more bosses like him Sad

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:45 pm
My friend worked in the baby department of a department store, and regularly had people try to return clothes stained after explosive diapers.

Another friend who worked at Marshalls had someone return shoes that had been worn for months.

I was at Ikea, trying to return an item that had missing hardware. Someone came in with a cheap couch that they complained showed wear after a couple of years. Well, yeah. The rep said that as far as he was concerned, they deserved nothing, but Ikea's policy was x%, take it or leave it. They wanted a full refund.

But the worst was a store at Woodbury Common. Someone came in with small kids, and placed them in the dressing room. The dressing room attendant brought them back to the parent, saying that they could not be left unattended. The customer told the attendant that she should be watching the kids, so customer could shop, and became indignant when the attendant refused.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:56 pm
I am a babysitter. I told a customer that im out of diapers for her child and I need more. She said she's very busy because she's having a lot of company for shabbos. Um... so let's tell your toddler she can't relieve herself in my house this week because you're having a lot of company for shabbos.
A customer sent shnitzel for her child for lunch. At the end of the day I told her the child didn't like the shnitzel. She said okay save it for tomorrow.
I could go on and on...

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:52 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I am a babysitter. I told a customer that im out of diapers for her child and I need more. She said she's very busy because she's having a lot of company for shabbos. Um... so let's tell your toddler she can't relieve herself in my house this week because you're having a lot of company for shabbos.
A customer sent shnitzel for her child for lunch. At the end of the day I told her the child didn't like the shnitzel. She said okay save it for tomorrow.
I could go on and on...

Some mothers may suffer from mental illnesses, you never know. I know someone who called Child Protective Services on a babysitter. I know the babysitter first hand, and she only has girls. The claim was that her sons held her child down... It made me realize that this woman has Borderline Personality Disorder.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:03 pm
I posted in the wrong thread so I moved it here

We had this customer who ordered about 6 heat sensitive probiotics in the summer. We post a warning to expedite the shipping and we add an ice pack to it. The customer called that ups dropped it off and didn’t notify her that it was at her door, so it was out on the sun all day and the probiotics is no longer active. We told her to send it back to us and we will refund her. We would send it back to the companies for a refund on our end. The customer opened all the bottles and poured the pills into the shipping box and sent it back to us like that. And she threw out the bottles! She put a note in that she knows we would try to sell it further, and its not good anymore, so she destroyed the bottles. We couldn’t claim a refund from the manufacturers since we no longer had the bottles, just a mush of pills. Probiotics are expensive! And we had a big loss.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:06 pm
Not the worst customer but it was a funny story. This old guy calls, Basically the 30 count multivitamin he is taking only has 29 pills in it. He’s all excited he just unearthed a scam - the company is trying to save money by putting one less pill on each bottle. I told him to let me know if the next bottle is also missing one pill, he never called again.

And there was also the customer who was trying to convince me that shabbos is really on Tuesday. And that we are all keeping it on the wrong day..she wanted to make sure her package isn’t in transit or will get delivered on tuesday, because she doesn’t want the mailman to work on her shabbos.

I could probably write a book! 😂

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:19 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
It's sadly still going on today, in monsey as well. I dress very plain & I can bh afford to shop for my kids at nice Frum stores. The attitude and comments I get..... I can write a book. They may be able to make more money from me than the fancy lady they're kissing up too, their loss.

It’s so funny because I was dressed very simply today (and am overweight) and I walked into a fancy store and I think it was the owner gave me super nice, personal attention. I was actually surprised

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:29 pm
Years ago I was a babysitter. Dropping off, one of the mothers asked me to give her baby Pedialyte which I told her I did not have. She sighed mightily and went home to get some. She then honked her horn for me to come out in the freezing snow to get it. I was young and stupid so I did. When school was over at the end of the year she sent me her 6 year old to "help" for a few days before camp started. When I charged her she became enraged. She came over to me as Kol Nidrai was about to start to "apologize" when I could not even respond. It's hard to get over being treated like a garbage bag.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics