Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Feeling bad about my parenting skills

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:41 pm
I feel emotionally drained at the moment parenting teens and toddlers and in between. Baruch Hashem! I'm just wondering sometimes I feel like each kid has his or her own issues and I feel so incompetent. I wonder are there mothers of families especially older children who feel empowered as a mother and basically feel happy with their parenting. I'm trying to figure out why I feel stuck if these feelings are normal... I'm a softie style parent and im feeling overwhelmed right now...

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:44 pm
Just wanted to say ur not alone! I feel the same about my parenting- and we currently have one 4yo!

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:45 pm
OOC what do you mean by softie style parent ?

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:57 pm
I used to think I’m the worst mom.

Over the years I learned that everybody is clueless when is comes to parenting, and that automatically empowered me to feel like I’ve got it!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:04 am
By softie I mean I have a hard time putting my foot down setting boundaries being assertive in general which contributes to feeling overwhelmed. My question is I'm feeling like there are so many issues I see in different children of mine such as OCD anxiety arrogance etc. I'm wondering is this because my parenting is disfunctional. Does a functional parent feel empowered. When do I know if dealing with children's issues is regular part of parenting or when it crosses the line to disfunctional.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
By softie I mean I have a hard time putting my foot down setting boundaries being assertive in general which contributes to feeling overwhelmed. My question is I'm feeling like there are so many issues I see in different children of mine such as OCD anxiety arrogance etc. I'm wondering is this because my parenting is disfunctional. Does a functional parent feel empowered. When do I know if dealing with children's issues is regular part of parenting or when it crosses the line to disfunctional.

Janet Lansbury. Com for help with boundaries

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:06 am
Well, we're all bad parents to a certain degree...
And don't fool yourself: even with our best efforts,children will have things to reproach us once they are grown...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics