Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do u have a person in your life who COMMENTS ON EVERYTHING
Previous  1  2

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:46 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Yes. My almost 2yr old daughter 😊

“Mommy has new neck-u-less?”

“Ooh. So pretty dressed. It’s pink and blue?”

“You have a blush? I also want a blush on my face”

“Oh! Mommy’s working !”

“Oh! Mommy’s all don work”

“Mommy, your snood fall down. Here , I should put it back”

“Mommy’s so tired”

“Mommy’s so happy”

And on and on she goes...non stop all day . But she’s a two year old and not a 32 yr old.

Wow, very advanced almost 2 year old!

She sounds adorable Smile

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:24 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Some people lose weight because of serious illness. I am also astute and observant but keep my astute observations to myself.

And some people are wearing a new dress because they just lost their aunt and she left them her clothes. If we have to second guess every reason anyone has or does anything for fear of offending or hurting anyone, we would have to just say nothing at all...ever.

I'm tired of how far we've all come in political correctness...it's getting to the point that anything and everything can be a faux pas. Can we just go back to normal or are we doomed to a future with zero conversation except for the weather?

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:34 am
By comments on everything, it seems you mean cares about you and shows interest in your life. Nebach for her (that she doesn't know you don't like her).

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:36 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
And some people are wearing a new dress because they just lost their aunt and she left them her clothes. If we have to second guess every reason anyone has or does anything for fear of offending or hurting anyone, we would have to just say nothing at all...ever.

I'm tired of how far we've all come in political correctness...it's getting to the point that anything and everything can be a faux pas. Can we just go back to normal or are we doomed to a future with zero conversation except for the weather?

Okay, but then "you gained weight" is also fine because it's healthy sometimes.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:42 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

Do you not understand how hurtful it can be to get a thousand compliments a day on weight loss when the reason for the weight loss is secretly killing you slowly?

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:22 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Do you not understand how hurtful it can be to get a thousand compliments a day on weight loss when the reason for the weight loss is secretly killing you slowly?

I was pregnant with a not-viable baby. Newly pregnant so I was super naseousd so I lost tons of weight. My breasts got bigger and honestly I looked great.
I went to a wedding and every comment made me want to go to the bathroom and cry.

Especially, when it's not "oh you look great" but "omg you look amazing! Are you on a diet? Tell me your secret!"

I also had a neighbor who commented on everything. It made me so uncomfortable. Like I couldn't move an inch without a comment. She was lovely and well-meaning but she made me very uncomfortable

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:02 am
Yessssss
Have a friend who tells me how I should organize my kitchen (maybe put food processor in the lower cabinet because you’re short)
How I should have dinner ready when my husband is home (he tells me I shouldn’t feel pressure to cook everyday)
How to raise my baby (no English birthdays or else he will be confused!)
How to dress my baby (don’t you have something a little bit nicer)

She’s a little pressuring but 🤷‍♀️

I do get uncomfortable but I can’t for the life of me muster the guts to tell her to back off lol I’m too nice

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:18 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

I also had a neighbor who commented on everything. It made me so uncomfortable. Like I couldn't move an inch without a comment. She was lovely and well-meaning but she made me very uncomfortable

This is what im referring to. Yes sometimes it comes in a compliment form, others its just a comment "I never saw you in such long earrings before "
I think she notices everything - thats observant
Commenting on everything? Either diarrhea of the mouth, jealousy, or a plain old yenta
Anddd doing it in front of people im not friends with or not comfortable around just makes me cringe. Yes its socially off. There is a when/where and how even to compliments. This has nothing to do with political correctness...

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:41 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

It’s not modern political correctness not to comment. It’s good old-fashioned manners and politeness. Why do others feel the need to comment all the time? Even well-meaning comments such as “you look nice/that dress is pretty etc” can be hurtful to a woman who has a DH who doesn’t notice her and wants him not other women to compliment her.

If all you have left to talk about is the weather, I suggest you brush up on your interests.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:42 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Yessssss
Have a friend who tells me how I should organize my kitchen (maybe put food processor in the lower cabinet because you’re short)
How I should have dinner ready when my husband is home (he tells me I shouldn’t feel pressure to cook everyday)
How to raise my baby (no English birthdays or else he will be confused!)
How to dress my baby (don’t you have something a little bit nicer)

She’s a little pressuring but 🤷‍♀️

I do get uncomfortable but I can’t for the life of me muster the guts to tell her to back off lol I’m too nice

That doesn’t sound like a good friend to me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics