Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Thinking abt Chassidish Linden, info please
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:45 pm
I'm considering moving to Linden, NJ and am curious if anyone has more info
Is the community very open to everyone or is it divided by type? I'm not moving with any friends and I'm a bit nervous abt being lonely with nobody to get together with Shabbos afternoon/playdates
Is Bobov & Kosen divided or is it one big happy family?
In regard to real estate brokers, I heard that certain brokers might only show certain houses to certain people having to do with what type you are, I would love more info on that and if you had an unbiased experience.
Is there a decent women's mikva there? Location in regard to walking time on Shabbos?
Does anybody consider Rossele or its exclusively Linden that everyone is moving to?
I would love to find a job close by in NJ instead of commuting to BP, does anyone know of any openings/companies nearby? What do most ppl do?
Do any women drive there? I would really love to as it would make my life way easier but if its looked down upon then...
Are there many carpools or everyone has to take the shuttle that's pricey?
Any other info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:26 pm
I don't know about the chassidish community there but Roselle is basically Linden. I don't think anyone really differentiates, they just call it all Linden because that's the better known name. You can definitely walk between the two without even noticing that you're crossing town lines somewhere.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:40 am
seeker wrote:
I don't know about the chassidish community there but Roselle is basically Linden. I don't think anyone really differentiates, they just call it all Linden because that's the better known name. You can definitely walk between the two without even noticing that you're crossing town lines somewhere.

Thanks for that, anyone else has something to add please?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:16 am
A couple of my classmates live in Linden, they're Viznits. There are quite afew Viznits families living there.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:23 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
A couple of my classmates live in Linden, they're Viznits. There are quite afew Viznits families living there.

What ages are they? Very young families? I'm 20 and I'm curious if I'll be from the youngest there

momof2+?

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:43 am
I read this title as "thinking about chassidish linen" and wondered about chassidim having different linen than non-chassidim 😋😋😋😋
Lol

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What ages are they? Very young families? I'm 20 and I'm curious if I'll be from the youngest there

They're in their 30's. You'd probably be from the youngest there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:33 am
Any more info on this topic imas?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think younger people will move in soon, because it is a new, developing place, so you should not worry about that...

You might be among the pioneers... and could even prepare from the start to help the newcomers after you - and then you will also have friends...

It evolves quite fast...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:44 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I think younger people will move in soon, because it is a new, developing place, so you should not worry about that...

You might be among the pioneers... and could even prepare from the start to help the newcomers after you - and then you will also have friends...

It evolves quite fast...

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm not the most open person, I'm a bit shy but I guess what I want done to me I should do to others...
I would love more info on all my other questions but looks like most ppl living there are not imas...

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 7:05 am
A relative of mine recently moved there. Shes about 25. The ladies go shopping together ect she is very happy there and they are not bobov or koson.

bnm

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 7:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My friend lives in Linden, her daughter got married and lives in Linden too. She has 1 kid, your age. I don't know more information than that.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 11:32 am
bnm wrote:
My friend lives in Linden, her daughter got married and lives in Linden too. She has 1 kid, your age. I don't know more information than that.

Hey I think I know who ur talking about... she's one of the only ones I know there...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 8:04 am
Bump, any more info on this topic?!?!?

amother
Red

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 11:54 pm
Hi I live in Linden- I'm not Chassidish but I'm more than happy to be your friend Smile
I'm friendly with a lot of the Chassidish ladies here.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 12:18 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Hi I live in Linden- I'm not Chassidish but I'm more than happy to be your friend Smile
I'm friendly with a lot of the Chassidish ladies here.

Wow that sounds great, we're probably closing on a house any day...
pm me and I'll change to anonymous thereafter...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:02 pm
I just watched the video on the ou communities site, and it looks like a lovely community, but I didn't see anything about a chassidish community. I can be friends with anyone, I live in a very mixed community now.
Linden seemed a bit modern (which I'm not saying is a bad thing, just not necessarily for me). So I'm confused about the chassidish part. Is there a yeshivish crowd and school? Or chassidish, I don't care as long as they're accepting of me if I'm not? I want my kids in a school where it's ok if some people have TVs and some don't, but the topic of conversation isn't about tv shows. I want my kids to respect people that are different, but not feel left out if they're more yeshivish, if that makes sense.
So... Can anyone shed light on this?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:15 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I just watched the video on the ou communities site, and it looks like a lovely community, but I didn't see anything about a chassidish community. I can be friends with anyone, I live in a very mixed community now.
Linden seemed a bit modern (which I'm not saying is a bad thing, just not necessarily for me). So I'm confused about the chassidish part. Is there a yeshivish crowd and school? Or chassidish, I don't care as long as they're accepting of me if I'm not? I want my kids in a school where it's ok if some people have TVs and some don't, but the topic of conversation isn't about tv shows. I want my kids to respect people that are different, but not feel left out if they're more yeshivish, if that makes sense.
So... Can anyone shed light on this?

The chassidish community in Linden is only abt 4 years old but it is thriving, with new families moving EVERY day. I don't think the modern community and the chassidish community live very intertwined as far as I know, but I haven't moved there yet so I can't tell you first hand for sure.
The kosson rebbi is the community leader over there but at this point its a mix of many different chassidim of all types (not necessarily extremists at all!)
They opened up their own school and cheder this year up to 5th grade and I think there is a great modern school in neighboring Elizabeth as well.
I don't think there is a yeshivish crowd if thats what your seeking, I think its either MO or Chassidim so not sure where you would fit in (hope I didn't offend you but thats what it seems like from the info you provided)
Any more questions? I would love to help you

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The chassidish community in Linden is only abt 4 years old but it is thriving, with new families moving EVERY day. I don't think the modern community and the chassidish community live very intertwined as far as I know, but I haven't moved there yet so I can't tell you first hand for sure.
The kosson rebbi is the community leader over there but at this point its a mix of many different chassidim of all types (not necessarily extremists at all!)
They opened up their own school and cheder this year up to 5th grade and I think there is a great modern school in neighboring Elizabeth as well.
I don't think there is a yeshivish crowd if thats what your seeking, I think its either MO or Chassidim so not sure where you would fit in (hope I didn't offend you but thats what it seems like from the info you provided)
Any more questions? I would love to help you

Thank you for your reply. I read other threads and I see what you're talking about. I don't like the idea of such distinct groups. I would love a place like the MO section of Linden, but a bit more yeshivish. Not sure where that would be in the NJ/PA area beside Philadelphia (also a nice place, just looking for something else).

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:56 pm
Bump
Any updates ?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating