Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is my husband the only one not going to minyan??
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Amalia

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:17 am
iyar wrote:
Don’t worry OP.

I think this might be a great spot for R Pesach Krohn’s line-

Remember!
Your husband’s gashmiyus - -
Is your ruchniyus
And your husband’s ruchniyus - -
Is None of your business

(He says it much better than I do 😉)

Thank you for this quote! I never heard it before.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Yup! We are both working from home and getting groceries delivered. Fully social distancing.

amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Yes, only grocery shopping, B"H hes doing all work from home.

Okay then it makes sense that your husbands wouldnt go to minyan if youre literally not going anywhere else.

I'm mamish surprised btw, that there are still ppl going to these lengths of precautions at this point. I didnt think there was anyone still being this strict when we're in reopening phases already. Good for you I guess!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 6:45 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
My husband isn't going.
He absolutely refuses to wear a mask. He thinks masks are ridiculous and unnecessary. He thinks social distancing isn't necessarily.
Rather than complying with the rules and regulations, he's decided not to go.

He has overall been very stubborn with masks, social distancing, etc.. He thinks it's all made up, and the virus is no different than a cold or flu. (And a doctor of his supports his view) I don't agree at all with him, and am doing everything I can to protect the family. ..which is hard with the kids when he undermines my efforts.

It's tough.

Your husband doesnt wanna wear a mask or practice social distancing, but he won't go daven with a minyan? So confusing. I fit's all made up and no differnet than a flu or cold why is he afraid of going to a minyan?

amother [ Natural ] wrote:
My parents in their 60s have not left their house except to walk around the block for excersize since Purim. Not for shopping or work. Nothing. I haven’t seen them since February.
My father does daven outside wearing a mask with same 10 men 6 ft away.
But otherwise they don’t leave their home. Ever.
This is in Baltimore.

Ppl are still making outdoor minyanim? wow.

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 7:20 pm
Outdoor minyanim here started Shavuous time. My husband didn’t go because he has very bad seasonal allergies.
Indoor minyanim began in our city last week and then an email went out on our neighborhood list-serv that a bochur who davened at a specific minyan on Friday night just got back a positive test result for Covid. (He was asymptotic, but needed to be tested to return to yeshiva). So not sure that anyone who is saying “it’s over” has the most reliable source of information...

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 7:26 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
Outdoor minyanim here started Shavuous time. My husband didn’t go because he has very bad seasonal allergies.
Indoor minyanim began in our city last week and then an email went out on our neighborhood list-serv that a bochur who davened at a specific minyan on Friday night just got back a positive test result for Covid. (He was asymptotic, but needed to be tested to return to yeshiva). So not sure that anyone who is saying “it’s over” has the most reliable source of information...

My son tested positive for the same reason. No symptoms and we asked the doctor if it were possible that they were just picking up fragments but he's not contagious our doctor agreed that it was possible. It did not make one but of sense as we all had corona after Purim, and this son never left the house, so it just did not make sense otherwise.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 7:39 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Okay then it makes sense that your husbands wouldnt go to minyan if youre literally not going anywhere else.

I'm mamish surprised btw, that there are still ppl going to these lengths of precautions at this point. I didnt think there was anyone still being this strict when we're in reopening phases already. Good for you I guess!

Seriously? There are plenty of people still taking these precautions.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:04 pm
mama bear. you have to weqr masks to minyan here and some men don't want to wear a mask so they don't go.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:40 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

There are almost no indoor minyanim in Baltimore
And ppl are really listening to rabbanim all ages.
They had a tiny outbreak with few deaths. Everyone was really careful.
It was worth it when you compare the losses to other communities.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:46 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

There are places where people were taking serious precautions from the beginning, and they had minimal to no deaths in their community. Reopening doesn't mean it's over, it means we incorporate normal life with social distancing and precautions so that we don't have additional deaths. Yes, very good for them!

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:00 pm
A HS girl in my community tested positive. her whole class had to go into quarantine. This is why we are not sending our kids to school and why my DH is not going to indoor minyan.
Reopening doesn't mean the virus is gone. It can still spread very easily.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:27 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Do you really not know anyone who is still taking precautions? What about elderly people and people who are in direct contact with elderly people?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:35 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Do you really not know anyone who is still taking precautions? What about elderly people and people who are in direct contact with elderly people?

The last remaining 90+ yr old in my husband's minyan who did not die of covid finally came to shul this week. with a mask. and left right after davening.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:42 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

We just started very limited outdoor minyanim about a week ago in NJ. If anyone has any health concerns at all - they don't go.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics