Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Pay for lifeguard?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:59 pm
How much do college or high school students who are certified lifeguards make? For camp jobs? Day or sleep away? They seem to charge a lot of money to cover a party but yet from what I hear camps barely pay. Is this true? What's the range?

Simple1

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 10:10 pm
I don't have the answer. But in general, camps are known to underpay for most types of jobs.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 11:06 pm
it really depends where they're working. Camps pay little. pool clubs pay better. jcc pays well. camps and country clubs tip. parties are private events and a lifeguard can ask for whatever they want if you're willing to pay. I suppose it has to be worth their time to show up, sit in the hot sun for however many hours the party is called for, not really get a break. At a pool club shifts are staggered and not for more than an hour straight. but a party is harder. its one guard and even two hours in a row might get exhausting with the hot sun. its easy to space out a little...

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 11:53 pm
CAmp is summer plans and a social scene so ppl will take less for the atmosphere.
Pool parties are boring and one time events so ppl charge more.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:16 am
Minimum is $25 an hour no matter the location. Swim instruction costs more than lifeguarding always.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette