Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I got this bra, but returning it. Any other suggestions?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 9:20 pm
https://www.jcpenney.com/p/han.....gular

Does anyone have alternative suggestions to the above, Confused besides pasties & strapless?

I bought it, and it seems promising. But I'm returning it, because aside from the fabric-plus-insert possibly getting "cloying" in hot weather, it was defective in one cup. The insert curled outward above one breast at the slanted edge, causing the outline of the slant-edge to be visible thru the shirt.

According to reviews, the curling is a known occasional defect in this style.

Secondly, their sizing runs small. Since I'm 34.5" band & 39.5" breast, I ordered a Large, but now I see that an XL may fit, since it felt snug at the band, and it was a bit of a stretch to hook the three hooks. Due to spinal arthritis, it's better if my spinal blood flow is less constricted. Also, even though I adjusted the shoulder straps to the very end, I felt like it was pulling at my shoulders.

Note I'm prone to skin rashes under breasts, so I need to ensure there's no itchy band below breasts. This style seemed like it can avoid rashes.

Price preference is $15

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 2:25 pm
Sorry OP, I don’t have an answer for you but if anyone has suggestions for bras they bought online and are happy with, please share! Thanks Smile

yksraya

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 2:30 pm
Good luck trying to return it. I bought something at jc penny, they sent wrong item. I tried emailing, they responded late, wanted more details (email, billing address etc) although I had given them order #. They then never replied again after I gave them all the info.

I tried calling, was on the line 20 min waiting for representative. I'm still waiting...

I ended up getting my item at diff place and staying with the wrong item with the hopes they will let me return it one day.

They are going out of business or what, and don't give good service now.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 3:13 pm
Yes, I tried mailing back a return to JC Penny a year ago (no local ones around) and never heard from them. Now that they are going out of business, I think unfortunately you can kiss your money goodbye.

For inexpensive bras, I'd recommend you look on Amazon. Often, they have decent quality ones that may just be odd colors for very good prices. I don't know if you will find for as cheap as $15, though. Maybe $20 .

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:55 am
I didn't click on the link but $15 is a very small amount. Even sales at big stores like Macy's wont be that cheap.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:14 am
Bras are NOT something to skimp on. I’m extremely frugal but I spend $$$ on bras (I only wear Chantelle) When a bra fits well you feel good and every outfit looks better.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:52 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Bras are NOT something to skimp on. I’m extremely frugal but I spend $$$ on bras (I only wear Chantelle) When a bra fits well you feel good and every outfit looks better.

It depends. I am a small, generic size, and don't need high end bras. Warners is just fine for me, and I've found them inexpensively on Amazon, under $30. They may be odd colors, like orange or hot pink and are being sold as remnants. For someone who needs a special kind of support or larger size, I agree with you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:37 pm
Well if anyone here tends to have my issues, and has URLs of bra's which are so comfy you're not even aware you're wearing them, I'd appreciate if you could provide links.

Even if yours is expensive, I might get an idea from seeing it what's truly comfortable. I do know I can browse online reviews (and that's helpful), but it was my hope to get some ideas from here too. For decades until now, I've not even worn a bra to preserve what health I've left, but I'm making an attempt at this time, solely so I can wear more tops, otherwise nipples show thru. As of now, I'm limited to heavier tops or printed ones.

In a nutshell, I'm seeking:
  • as breathable as possible for poly?? spandex?? thus less sweat-rash
  • coverage - no nipple visibility
  • flexible - avoids constricting blood flow in spine
  • No underwire
  • Hooks?? Do you have to be a contortionist to remove sports bra's?

P.S. I didn't buy it at J.C. Penney, but its that bra. Thanks for all the info about usual costs. Also yes thanks, I'm aware of Amazon, that's where I see reviews.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:33 pm
If you literally haven't worn a bra in decades...my advice is to go to get a professional fitting. Very unlikely you would still be wearing the same size you did 20 or 30 (????) years ago. And for that, you will have to spend money.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 4:45 pm
I've been wearing the Dominique t-shirt bra (model 3500) for years. I love it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:56 am
I see, but that's underwire. OK, I take it that most here never needed bra's per my listed requirements above.

[giving-up emoticon] Speechless

-----------------

Please excuse my preference for addressing respondents who attempt to keep as most to-the-point as possible A.K.A. "meshiv kahalacha".

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:26 am
So sorry you're not having much luck.
What about some sort of supportive cami?-you know where it has a built in bra-that might not be so hard on your back.
Or what about bralettes?-they're usually cloth non wired and look really comfortable.
Or some sort of crop top style?
Or wrap style bras? the sort that people often wear as sleep bras when nursing. Or maybe sleep bras altogether?
Also maybe front closing bras might be easier-some sports bras zip up at the front.
Good luck on your hunt.

mazelandbracha

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:35 am
Try the Vanity Fair Beyond Comfort line. No wire, plenty of coverage, and very comfortable. It isn't "no bra at all" comfortable, but still pretty good.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:19 am
Thanks all!

I checked the Vanity Fair sizing charts, and my measurements aren't listed.

Below my breasts measures 34.5"
And surrounding breasts is 39.5"

--------------------

Here's theirs:

Under Bust Across Bust Band / Cup Size
29 35 34A
31 37 36A
33 39 38A
29 36 34B
31 38 36B
33 40 38B
35 42 40B
37 44 42B
29 37 34C
31 39 36C
33 41 38C
35 43 40C
37 45 42C
29 38 34D
31 40 36D
33 42 38D
35 44 40D
37 46 42D
31 41 36DD
33 43 38DD
35 45 40DD
37 47 42DD

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:35 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:

On the other hand, high end is not necessarily better, and if your size fluctuates, it's just not affordable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics