Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone else seriously considering moving to israel??
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:40 pm
Zehava wrote:
Heard firsthand that they inserted chips into people’s phones to track whether they were keeping to quarantine

Well I can give you firsthand information since I had to quarantine for 2 weeks after entering the country a month ago! No one inserted any chips or anything into my phone. My phone was with me the entire time from when I exited the airplane and no one touched it. Maybe they tracked my phone's GPS remotely, but that's something else entirely. No idea if they did or didn't since I wasn't planning to violate the agreement I signed.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 8:48 pm
Please please do your research very thoroughly, and for sure don't sell your house if you have one, so that you have what to fall back on in case it doesn't work out. People don't realize that with Eretz Yisroel one is koneh through yissurim and it has different meanings for different people. Just don't move on passion and whim alone.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 11:16 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Please please do your research very thoroughly, and for sure don't sell your house if you have one, so that you have what to fall back on in case it doesn't work out. People don't realize that with Eretz Yisroel one is koneh through yissurim and it has different meanings for different people. Just don't move on passion and whim alone.

Can you explain what you mean one is koneh through yissurim? I’m really not passionate about moving. I’m feeling a push that maybe it’s time we all start leaving. And I’m at a point in my life that I feel maybe we could hack it. Not too many attachments here right now.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 11:49 pm
ShishKabob wrote:

To me that sounds like a bachelor keeping his apartment just in case even he gets married. Not exactly a good recipe for a stable marriage.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 11:57 pm
ShishKabob wrote:

Most people don't have the means to buy two houses, or even to own one and rent something comparable. So if you keep the old place, you are pretty much guaranteeing that you won't live someplace nice in Israel and will be miserable. Why would you suggest that?

We couldn't sell our house before we made aliyah. Owning it and renting it out from afar was a pain in the neck, but that's what we did while we rented in Israel. Eventually we did sell it, and we were able to buy a lovely place in Israel.

I do think it's best to rent first, just to make sure that you are living in the right neighborhood. I don't think it's a good idea to have one foot in the old country. You have to commit to the future.

Success10

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 2:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you explain what you mean one is koneh through yissurim? I’m really not passionate about moving. I’m feeling a push that maybe it’s time we all start leaving. And I’m at a point in my life that I feel maybe we could hack it. Not too many attachments here right now.

You need to be passionate about it, not passive. It's not an easy move, and you have to be willing to give it your all.

banana123

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 4:17 am
Ridethewaves wrote:
Gosh am I the only one that thought about fries? Whenever I start reading conspiracy type convo which may even partly be factually correct my brain shuts down into HaShem is in charge mode..and fries apparently. Chips Hebrew=fries English

I thought about it yesterday, and decided against making a joke about it...
A side of chips, yum.... Smile

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 7:57 am

Last edited by amother on Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

banana123

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 8:15 am
lovelymother wrote:
I am not intending to be judgmental - not at all !!!
I understand very well the mesirus nefesh That involved in such a huge decision .
I had that experience myself by moving to New York in the past with my family ( 5 small children) and it was extremely difficult to leave everything behind and to get use to a new place , environment , mentally , schools , bills etc' ...
The result was that we came back here with a lot of pain and failure feelings and I'm not talking about losing money and a lot .
Today if someone is asking me I would say that it was irresponsible by us as adults despite the fact that our kids loved New York more than us , kids have a quick adaptability in general and to get the language as well - no worry about it .
Though I love New York very much , I never felt that l belong to this land .
I maybe come and visit but I will never leave Israel again בלי נדר .
This comparison is not very accurate because the Land of Israel belongs to all of us as Jews whether if we were born here or not.
The way I see it of course speaking for myself is that if someone has a click of thought to come to Eretz Yisrael it is a privilege that Hashem gives to them , it's a big schus and they should be happy and grateful for it .
I agree , Erets Israel נקנית בייסורין but it's definitely worth it and today with taking my insights l would kiss every ארבע אמות here.
The only thing that matters is to have a Bithachon Behashem.
Yes , I would suggest to come with more families so that you won't be alone through the process and also you should have a good and caring guidance to lead you well .
I'm totally sure that anyone that considers it and will make the move will have Hatzlacha and Hashem will give him Bracha אי"ה .
I don't mind to answer any question about Israel ( it's possible to PM ) and if I can help l will be glad to do it אי"ה .
I will be more than happy to be helpful by giving advice following the conclusions I learned from my own mistakes .
To mention I don't live in Jerusalem but in the center not far away from Tel Aviv.
Hugs from Israel Hug

You made yerida and then came back?

mochamix18

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 8:36 am
Zehava wrote:
Aliyah won’t cure schizophrenia
And the only country I know that uses chips is Israel.

And may even cause it. Jerusalem syndrome anyone?

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 9:29 am
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions