Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Interior Decorator Lakewood
1  2  Next

DVOM

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:40 pm
Hi ladies!

My husband and I are buying our first house; closing is in a week. Just buying the house has totally wiped out our finances, so we weren't planning on doing any renovations at all, but one thing I really want to do is give it all a fresh coat of paint, which my husband and I are planning on doing ourselves.

Is there an interior decorator in Lakewood who could come to our new house and help me pick paint colors? Anyone know what this type of thing would cost? The house has a lot of interesting design elements to it (many fireplaces and built in desks and bookcases and shelves, exposed beams and rafters, that type of stuff) and I'm having a hard time figuring out which paint colors will work in which rooms. I tend to love bright colors, but I'm not sure how that will look in a house.

I'd love recommendations if you've got any!!

Thanks!

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:51 pm
The price will depend on who you choose to hire.
Experienced, super popular decorators will charge $150-250 (or more) and hour.
Those who are more recent entries into the field will be more like $75 an hour. Pm me if you want names.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:54 pm
I used Esther muschel and was very happy with her. She charged $75 I think.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
I used Esther muschel and was very happy with her. She charged $75 I think.

She's gone up in price since. $125 an hour (minimum one hour)

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 3:02 pm
Ok but worth it as it's just that once.. and shouldn't take more than an hour

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 3:05 pm
amother wrote:
Ok but worth it as it's just that once.. and shouldn't take more than an hour

I didn't say it's not worth it! I'm just letting her know that it's not $75 (and there are other people who do still charge $75 because they are not as popular or perhaps not in the field as long as Esther. She's great; they're all great!)

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 3:05 pm
Just want to say I love houses that have personality like that....wishing you much Hatzlacha and good mazel in your new home B"EH.

My sister and her husband did the same though - they moved into their new home and did their own painting. They actually chose their own colors and it really came out nice.

I would hire someone to help me choose, as I find that some colors end up looking not at all as you envisioned it....

DVOM

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 6:15 pm
Thanks everyone! Yes, I love love love this house! Its very old and a real fixer upper, but has so much personality!

I'd love some names and numbers of designers in the 75 dollar range. Blue, I'm PMing you!

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:35 pm
Hi OP,
I’m moving to the area as well and need same things as you- help choosing paint colors and some furniture and hardware. Can you share who you ended up using?
For anyone else who knows, can you post names of designers/decorators that are low priced or charge around $75 or less per hour? I’m ok with someone starting out!

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:37 pm
Bina Gitty Gross, I think she’s $100/hour but gives you lots of time and attention, really good.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:55 pm
hadasa chapler. chk out her instagram. she was $50 less than a yr ago. really sweet, quick, and I'm really happy with the colors she chose

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:07 pm
Thank you cerise and coffee! Would they be willing to help find ikea or similarly priced furniture or do they insist on Jewish store?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:14 pm
I recently used Sarah gestetner
Check out her instagram @sginteriordecor
She’s rlly great, patient and easy to work with
She is $75 an hour
908-907-8595

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:19 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I recently used Sarah gestetner
Check out her instagram @sginteriordecor
She’s rlly great, patient and easy to work with
She is $75 an hour
908-907-8595

Thank you!!

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:36 pm
Hadasa chapler totally shops that way. wayfair items etc. she finds amazing deals that are trending etc nice things but not expensive at all.

you'll see on her instagram page exactly that.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:52 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Hadasa chapler totally shops that way. wayfair items etc. she finds amazing deals that are trending etc nice things but not expensive at all.

you'll see on her instagram page exactly that.

Sounds perfect for what I’m looking for. Thank you!!!!

DVOM

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:53 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Hi OP,
I’m moving to the area as well and need same things as you- help choosing paint colors and some furniture and hardware. Can you share who you ended up using?
For anyone else who knows, can you post names of designers/decorators that are low priced or charge around $75 or less per hour? I’m ok with someone starting out!

Welcome to Lakewood!

Sorry, I just saw this post...

We did end up hiring someone to come down to help us pick paint colors, and she was wonderful, but for the life of me I cannot remember her name! This was three years ago...

We actually didn't even end up painting! The move was so overwhelming and my husband started grad school days after we moved. And painting ourselves turned out to be a bigger project than we thought, too.

Good luck! And welcome!

sweetdimples

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 9:00 am
Perele Glick

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 9:11 am
sweetdimples wrote:
Perele Glick

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 11:59 am
DVOM wrote:
Welcome to Lakewood!

Sorry, I just saw this post...

We did end up hiring someone to come down to help us pick paint colors, and she was wonderful, but for the life of me I cannot remember her name! This was three years ago...

We actually didn't even end up painting! The move was so overwhelming and my husband started grad school days after we moved. And painting ourselves turned out to be a bigger project than we thought, too.

Good luck! And welcome!

Thank you!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating